'Mind the Gap!': Transport Costs and Price Convergence in the 19th Century Atlantic Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- anonymous, 1995. "Does the bouncing ball lead to economic growth?," Regional Update, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Jul, pages 1-2,4-6.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Burkhard Heer, 2000.
"Welfare Costs of Inflation in a Dynamic Economy with Search Unemployment and Endogenous Growth,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0478, Econometric Society.
- Burkhard Heer, 2000. "Welfare Costs of Inflation in a Dynamic Economy with Search Unemployment and Endogenous Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 296, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rodolfo E. Manuelli, 2000. "Technological Change, the Labor Market and the Stock Market," NBER Working Papers 8022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Sala-I-Martin, 1997. "Transfers, Social Safety Nets, and Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Edmund Phelps & Gylfi Zoega, 2001. "Structural booms," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 83-126, April.
- Edmund S. Phelps, 1999. "Behind This Structural Boom: The Role of Asset Valuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 63-68, May.
- Heer, Burkhard, 2003.
"Welfare costs of inflation in a dynamic economy with search unemployment,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 255-272, November.
- Burkhard Heer, 2000. "Welfare Costs of Inflation in a Dynamic Economy with Search Unemployment and Endogenous Growth," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0478, Econometric Society.
- Teresa Beckham Gramm, 2005. "Costly Factor Reallocation and Reduced Productivity Effects in International Trade," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 822-839, September.
More about this item
Keywordsmarket integration; spatial price gaps;
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-06-24 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuiedp:0202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/okokudk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.