Water scarcity and the role of storage in development
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 127, Sunil Mawatha, Pelawatte, Battaramulla|
Phone: +94-11 2880000
Fax: +94-11 2786854
Web page: http://www.iwmi.cgiar.org/
More information through EDIRC
- Glendenning, C.J. & Vervoort, R.W., 2010. "Hydrological impacts of rainwater harvesting (RWH) in a case study catchment: The Arvari River, Rajasthan, India. Part 1: Field-scale impacts," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 331-342, December.
- Glendenning, C.J. & van Ogtrop, F.F. & Mishra, A.K. & Vervoort, R.W., 2012. "Balancing watershed and local scale impacts of rain water harvesting in India—A review," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 1-13.
- Shah, Tushaar, 2007. "The groundwater economy of South Asia: an assessment of size, significance and socio-ecological impacts," IWMI Books, Reports H039669, International Water Management Institute.
- Elodie Blanc & Eric Strobl, 2014.
"Is Small Better? A Comparison of the Effect of Large and Small Dams on Cropland Productivity in South Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 28(3), pages 545-576.
- Blanc, Elodie & Strobl, Eric, 2013. "Is small better ? a comparison of the effect of large and small dams on cropland productivity in South Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6567, The World Bank.
- Elodie Blanc & Eric Strobl, 2013. "Is small better? A comparison of the effect of large and small dams on cropland productivity in South Africa," Working Papers 2013-10, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Smith, A. & Maheshwari, B. L., 2002. "Options for alternative irrigation water supplies in the Murray-Darling Basin, Australia: a case study of the Shepparton Irrigation Region," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 41-55, July.
- Pramod Pandey & Pieter Zaag & Michelle Soupir & Vijay Singh, 2013. "A New Model for Simulating Supplemental Irrigation and the Hydro-Economic Potential of a Rainwater Harvesting System in Humid Subtropical Climates," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 27(8), pages 3145-3164, June.
- Pramod Pandey & Michelle Soupir & Vijay Singh & Sudhindra Panda & Vinay Pandey, 2011. "Modeling Rainwater Storage in Distributed Reservoir Systems in Humid Subtropical and Tropical Savannah Regions," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 25(13), pages 3091-3111, October.
- Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Dawe, David & Hafeez, Mohsin, 2007. "Economic evaluation of small multi-purpose ponds in the Zhanghe irrigation system, China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 91(1-3), pages 61-70, July.
- Barker, R. & Scott, C. A. & de Fraiture, C. & Amarasinghe, U., 2000. "La escasez mundial de agua y el reto que afronta Mexico. In Spanish," IWMI Books, Reports H026618, International Water Management Institute.
- Ashraf, M. & Kahlown, M.A. & Ashfaq, A., 2007. "Impact of small dams on agriculture and groundwater development: A case study from Pakistan," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 90-98, August.
- Kumar, Shalander & Ramilan, Thiagarajah & Ramarao, C.A. & Rao, Ch. Srinivasa & Whitbread, Anthony, 2016. "Farm level rainwater harvesting across different agro climatic regions of India: Assessing performance and its determinants," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 55-66.
- Sally, H., 2003. "Advances in integrated water resources management research in agriculture," Conference Papers h032535, International Water Management Institute.
- Matin, Mir Abdul & Smakhtin, Vladimir & Palliyaguruge, Mahendra N. & Mohideen, Sadir & Yapa, Nishath & Alankara, Ranjith & Gunasinghe, Sarath & Jayakody, Priyantha, 2010. "Development of a water resources assessment and audit framework for Sri Lanka," Conference Papers h042808, International Water Management Institute.
- McCartney, Matthew & Smakhtin, Vladimir, 2010. "Water storage in an era of climate change: addressing the challenge of increasing rainfall variability. Blue paper," IWMI Reports 212430, International Water Management Institute.
- Khan, Shahbaz & Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Hanjra, Munir A. & Schaeffer, Jürgen, 2008. "Estimating potential costs and gains from an aquifer storage and recovery program in Australia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(4), pages 477-488, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwt:rerpts:h026190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chandima Gunadasa)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed