Les normes IFRS ont-elles amélioré le contenu informationnel des immatériels? Le cas des entreprises françaises cotées
Have IFRS improved the information content of intangible? The case of French companies listedIAS/IFRS are presumed to provide more uniform and relevant information which reflect the financial position and the assets of firm. In this article, we are studying the information content of intangible assets according to IAS/IFRS compared to the French GAAP for French listed firms (SBF 250 index). We show that, on one hand that the transition to IAS/IFRS did not change the overall amount of intangible assets, even though it operated substitution effects in favour of goodwill, on the other hand the greater accounting relevance of total intangible assets and goodwill when they are valued according to IAS/IFRS. With these standards, financial markets better integrate such contributions in stock market price and returns, especially for firms with a high density of intangible assets.
|Date of creation:||29 Apr 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 33 1 53 63 36 00
Web page: http://www.ipag.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ball, Ray & Robin, Ashok & Wu, Joanna Shuang, 2003. "Incentives versus standards: properties of accounting income in four East Asian countries," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-3), pages 235-270, December.
- Hirschey, Mark, 1982. "Intangible Capital Aspects of Advertising and R&D Expenditures," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 375-90, June.
- Dominique Dufour & Ahmed Zemzem, 2005. "Activation des frais de R&D : le cas des entreprises françaises cotées sur le Nouveau Marché," Post-Print halshs-00581187, HAL.
- Louis K. C. Chan, 2001. "The Stock Market Valuation of Research and Development Expenditures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2431-2456, December.
- Wolfgang Schultze, 2005. "The Information Content of Goodwill-Impairments under FAS 142: Implications for External Analysis and Internal Control," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 57(3), pages 276 – 297, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipg:wpaper:2014-262. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.