Regional Variations in Medical Expenditure and Hospitalization Days for Heart Attack Patients in Japan: Evidence from the Tokai Acute Myocardial Study (TAMIS)
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Haruko Noguchi & Satoshi Shimizutani & Yuichiro Masuda, 2008. "Regional variations in medical expenditure and hospitalization days for heart attack patients in Japan: evidence from the Tokai Acute Myocardial Study (TAMIS)," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 123-144, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- McGuire, Thomas G., 2000. "Physician agency," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 461-536 Elsevier.
- Eric Delattre & Brigitte Dormont, 2003. "Fixed fees and physician-induced demand: A panel data study on French physicians," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(9), pages 741-754.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1970. "The Rising Price of Physicians' Services," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(2), pages 121-133, May.
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1978. "The Supply of Surgeons and the Demand for Operations," NBER Working Papers 0236, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noguchi, Haruko & Shimizutani, Satoshi, 2009.
"Supplier density and at-home care use in Japan: Evidence from a micro-level survey on long-term care receivers,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 365-372, December.
- Noguchi, Haruko & Shimizutani, Satoshi, 2009. "Supplier Density and At-home Care Use in Japan: Evidence from a Micro-level Survey on Long Term Care Receivers," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 434, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Satoshi Shimizutani & Hiroyuki Yamada & Haruko Noguchi & Yuichiro Masuda & Masafumi Kuzuya, 2013. "Exploring the causal relationship between length of stay in hospitals and treatment outcome: Evidence from Japanese AMI patients," OSIPP Discussion Paper 13E006, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
More about this item
Keywordshealth care in Japan; physician-induced demand; two-part model; acute myocardial infarction (AMI); Tokai Acute Myocardial Infarction Study (TAMIS);
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:piecis:341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cihitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.