Keeping up with the Joneses, the Smiths and the Tanakas: Optimal Taxation with Social Comparisons in a Multi-Country Economy
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benjamin Schalembier, 2016. "The Impact of Exposure to Other Countries on Life Satisfaction: An International Application of the Relative Income Hypothesis," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 221-239, August.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal taxation; relative consumption; inter-jurisdictional comparison; asymmetric information; status; positional goods;
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2013-08-23 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2013-08-23 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-LTV-2013-08-23 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PBE-2013-08-23 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:umnees:0862. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Skog) or (Benny Carlsson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inumuse.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .