Modelling economic high-frequency time series with STAR-STGARCH models
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefan Reitz & Frank Westerhoff, 2007. "Commodity price cycles and heterogeneous speculators: a STAR–GARCH model," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 231-244, September.
- Jan G. De Gooijer & Kurt Brännäs, 2004.
"Asymmetries in conditional mean and variance: modelling stock returns by asMA-asQGARCH,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 155-171.
- Brännäs, Kurt & de Gooijer, Jan G., 2000. "ASYMMETRIES IN CONDITIONAL MEAN AND VARIANCE: MODELLING STOCK RETURNS BY asMA-asQGARCH," Umeå Economic Studies 535, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Kurt Brännäs & Jan G. de Gooijer, 2000. "Asymmetries in Conditional Mean and Variance: Modelling Stock Returns by asMA-asQGARCH," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-049/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Westerhoff Frank H. & Reitz Stefan, 2003.
"Nonlinearities and Cyclical Behavior: The Role of Chartists and Fundamentalists,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(4), pages 1-15, December.
- Reitz, Stefan & Westerhoff, Frank, 2003. "Nonlinearities and Cyclical Behavior: The Role of Chartists and Fundamentalists," CFS Working Paper Series 2003/10, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Gilles Dufrenot & Laurent Mathieu & Valerie Mignon & Anne Peguin-Feissolle, 2006.
"Persistent misalignments of the European exchange rates: some evidence from non-linear cointegration,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 203-229.
- G. Dufrenot & L. Mathieu & V. Mignon, & A. Peguin-Feissolle, 2002. "Persistent misalignments of the European exchange rates : some evidence from nonlinear cointegration," THEMA Working Papers 2002-29, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Gilles DUFRENOT & Laurent MATHIEU & Val=E9rie MIGNON & Anne PEGUIN-FEISSOLE, 2003. "Persistent misalignments of the European exchanges rates: some evidence from nonlinear cointegration," International Finance 0309003, EconWPA.
- Gilles Dufrénot & Laurent Mathieu & Valérie Mignon & Anne Peguin-Feissolle, 2006. "Persistent misalignments of the European exchange rates: some evidence from non-linear cointegration," Post-Print halshs-00256876, HAL.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2009.
"Modelling stock returns in Africa's emerging equity markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 1-11, March.
- Paul Alagidede & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2009. "Modelling stock returns in Africa’s emerging equity markets," Discussion Paper Series 2009_01, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jan 2009.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2009. "Modelling stock returns in Africa's emerging equity markets," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-04, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Asmara Jamaleh, 2002. "Explaining and forecasting the euro/dollar exchange rate through a non-linear threshold model," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 422-448.
- Ito, Hiro, 2003.
"Was Japanâ€™s Real Interest Rate Really Too High During the 1990s? The Role of the Zero Interest Rate Bound and Other Factors,"
Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt48k5q6vd, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Ito, Hiro, 2003. "Was Japanâ€™s Real Interest Rate Really Too High During the 1990s? The Role of the Zero Interest Rate Bound and Other Factors," Santa Cruz Center for International Economics, Working Paper Series qt48k5q6vd, Center for International Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Areosa, Waldyr Dutra & McAleer, Michael & Medeiros, Marcelo C., 2011.
"Moment-based estimation of smooth transition regression models with endogenous variables,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 165(1), pages 100-111.
- Areosa, W.D. & McAleer, M.J. & Medeiros, M.C., 2008. "Moment-bases estimation of smooth transition regression models with endogenous variables," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2008-36, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Waldyr Dutra Areosa & Michael McAleer & Marcelo Cunha Medeiros, 2010. "Moment-based estimation of smooth transition regression models with endogenous variables," Textos para discussão 571, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Waldyr Dutra Areosa & Michael McAleer & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2009. "Moment-Based Estimation of Smooth Transition Regression Models with Endogenous Variables," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-671, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard H. & Tai, Amanda P.J., 2008. "Testing for nonlinearity in mean and volatility for heteroskedastic models," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 489-499.
- Mubariz Hasanov & Tolga Omay, 2008. "Nonlinearities in emerging stock markets: evidence from Europe's two largest emerging markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(20), pages 2645-2658.
- Andrea Fracasso & Giuseppe Vittucci Marzetti, 2014.
"International R&D Spillovers, Absorptive Capacity and Relative Backwardness: A Panel Smooth Transition Regression Model,"
International Economic Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1), pages 137-160, March.
- Andrea Fracasso & Giuseppe Vittucci Marzetti, 2012. "International R&D spillovers, absorptive capacity and relative backwardness: a panel smooth transition regression model," Department of Economics Working Papers 1203, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Rodriguez Gabriel, 2007. "Application of Three Alternative Approaches to Identify Business Cycles in Peru," Working Papers 2007-007, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Kulp-Tåg, Sofie, 2007. "Short-Horizon Asymmetric Mean-Reversion and Overreactions: Evidence from the Nordic Stock Markets," Working Papers 524, Hanken School of Economics.
- Giulio Cainelli & Andrea Fracasso & Giuseppe Vittucci Marzetti, 2015.
"Spatial agglomeration and productivity in Italy: A panel smooth transition regression approach,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94, pages 39-67, November.
- Giulio Cainelli & Andrea Fracasso & Giuseppe Vittucci Marzetti, 2012. "Spatial agglomeration and productivity in Italy: a panel smooth transition regression approach," Openloc Working Papers 1204, Public policies and local development.
- repec:spr:stmapp:v:11:y:2002:i:2:d:10.1007_bf02511487 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tolga Omay & Mubariz Hasanov, 2010. "The effects of inflation uncertainty on interest rates: a nonlinear approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(23), pages 2941-2955.
- Baur, Dirk G. & Glover, Kristoffer J., 2014. "Heterogeneous expectations in the gold market: Specification and estimation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 116-133.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial time series; model misspecification test; nonlinear time series; smooth transition autoregressive model; smooth transition GARCH; time series model specification.;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1999-01-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-1999-01-18 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-1999-01-18 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hastef:0291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erhhsse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.