Home Country Effects of Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from Sweden
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Magnus Blomstrom & Ari Kokko, 1994. "Home Country Effects of Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from Sweden," NBER Working Papers 4639, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1994. "Home Country Effects of Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from Sweden," CEPR Discussion Papers 931, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Dunne & Mark J. Roberts & Larry Samuelson, 1989.
"The Growth and Failure of U. S. Manufacturing Plants,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 104(4), pages 671-698.
- Dunne, T. & Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "The Growth And Failure Of U.S. Manufacturing Plants," Papers 1-87-5, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Robert E. Lipsey & Lennart Ohlsson, 1989. "What Do Rich Countries Trade with Each Other? R&D and the Composition of U.S. and Swedish Trade," NBER Working Papers 3140, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:209169 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jordan GL. & Valhne JE., 1981. "Domestic employment effects of direct investment abroad by two Swedish multinationals," ILO Working Papers 992091693402676, International Labour Organization.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey, 1988. "The Effect of Multinational Firms' Operations on Their Domestic Employment," NBER Working Papers 2760, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Fors, Gunnar & Lipsey, Robert E, 1997.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Employment: Home Country Experience in the United States and Sweden,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1787-1797, November.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Gunnar Fors & Robert E. Lipsey, 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment and Employment: Home Country Experience in the United States and Sweden," NBER Working Papers 6205, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blomström, Magnus & Fors, Gunnar & Lipsey, Robert E., 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment and Employment: Home Country Experience in the United States and Sweden," Working Paper Series 490, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Blomström, Magnus & Fors, Gunnar & Lipsey, Robert E., 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment and Employment: Home Country Experience in the United States and Sweden," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 200, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Peter Egger, 2001.
"European exports and outward foreign direct investment: A dynamic panel data approach,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 137(3), pages 427-449, September.
- Peter Egger, "undated". "European Exports and Outward Foreign Direct Investment. A Dynamic Panel Data Approach," WIFO Working Papers 129, WIFO.
- Huiqun Liu & Jinyong Lu, 2011. "The home-employment effect of FDI from developing countries: in the case of China," Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 173-182, October.
- Athanasios Kalogeresis & Lois Labrianidis, 2010. "From spectator to walk-on to actor: An exploratory study of the internationalisation of Greek firms since 1989," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 7(1), pages 121-143, June.
- Lionel Fontagné & Michaël Pajot, 1999. "Investissement direct à l'étranger et échanges extérieurs : un impact plus fort aux États-Unis qu'en France," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 326(1), pages 71-95.
- Lionel Fontagné & Michaël Pajot, 1997. "How Foreign Direct Investment Affects International Trade and Competitiveness: an Empirical Assessment," Working Papers 1997-17, CEPII research center.
- W. Hejazi & A. Safarian, 2001. "The complementarity between U.S. foreign direct investment stock and trade," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 29(4), pages 420-437, December.
- Sarah Omotunde Alade, 2014. "Cross-border expansion of Nigerian banks: has it improved the continent's regulatory and supervisory frameworks?," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The role of central banks in macroeconomic and financial stability, volume 76, pages 83-96 Bank for International Settlements.
- Cheng, Leonard K. & Qiu, Larry D. & Tan, Guofu, 2005. "Foreign direct investment and international trade in a continuum Ricardian trade model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 477-501, August.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2000.
"Outward Investment, Employment, and Wages in Swedish Multinationals,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 76-89, Autumn.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2000. "Outward Investment, Employment and Wages in Swedish Multinationals," CEPR Discussion Papers 2524, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2000. "Outward Investment, Employment and Wages in Swedish Multinationals," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 408, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Iammarin, Simona & Pitelis, Christos, 1999. "Foreign Direct Investment and "Less Favoured Regions". Greek FDI in Bulgaria and Romania," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa300, European Regional Science Association.
- Alicia Garcia Herrero & Daniel Navia Simon, 2004. "Determinants And Impact Of Financial Sector Fdi To Emerging," International Finance 0403001, EconWPA.
- Alicia Garcia-Herrero & Daniel Navia Simon, 2006. "Why Banks go to Emerging Countries and What is the Impact for the Home Economy? A Survey," Working Papers 0602, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Leonard K. Cheng, 2000. "Technology Transfer, Foreign Direct Investment and International Trade," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1777, Econometric Society.
- Terutomo Ozawa & Sergio Castello, 2001. "Toward an 'International Business' Paradigm of Endogenous Growth: Multinationals and Governments as Co-Endogenisers," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 211-228.
- Chang, Chia-Ying, 2012. "Can a home country benefit from FDI? A theoretical analysis," Working Paper Series 2067, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Manuela Magalhães & Ana Paula Africano, 2007.
"A Panel Analysis of the FDI Impact on International Trade,"
FEP Working Papers
235, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Manuela Magalhães & Ana Paula Africano, 2007. "A Panel Analysis of the FDI Impact on International Trade," NIPE Working Papers 6/2007, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- David N. Figlio & Bruce A. Blonigen, 1999. "The Effects of Direct Foreign Investment on Local Communities," NBER Working Papers 7274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Howe, 1994. "Internationalisation, Trade and Foreign Direct Investment," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Philip Lowe & Jacqueline Dwyer (ed.), International Intergration of the Australian Economy Reserve Bank of Australia.
- M.T. Alguacil & V. Orts, "undated". "A multivariate cointegrated model testing for temporal causality between exports and outward FDI: The Spanish case," Studies on the Spanish Economy 50, FEDEA.
- Damijan, Jože & Kostevc, Crt & Rojec, Matija, 2014. "Outward FDI and company performance in CEECs," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 381, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign investment; multinational firms; home country effects; Sweden;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hastef:0003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erhhsse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.