Do consumers learn from tasting scores set by experts?
Using data from whisky tastings and fixed effect regressions, we find that net of any composition effect, experts report different tasting scores on average. This indicates that consumers have little to learn from absolute scores.
|Date of creation:||09 May 2012|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00695723|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hadj Ali H. & Lecocq S. & Visser M., 2007.
"The impact of gurus: Parker grades and en primeur wine prices¤,"
Working Papers ERMES
0718, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- HélaHadj Ali & Sébastien Lecocq & Michael Visser, 2008. "The Impact of Gurus: Parker Grades and "En Primeur" Wine Prices," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(529), pages 158-173, 06.
- Ali, Héla Hadj & Lecocq, Sébastien & Visser, Michael, 2010. "The Impact of Gurus: Parker Grades and en primeur Wine Prices," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 22-39, March.
- Héla Hadj Ali & Sébastien Lecocq & Michael Visser, 2005. "The impact of gurus : Parker grades and en primeur wine prices," Research Unit Working Papers 0507, Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee, INRA.
- Ali-Kein, Hela Hadj & Lecocq, Sebastien & Visser, Michael, 2007. "The Impact of Gurus: Parker Grades and EN PRIMEUR Wine Prices," Working Papers 37292, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Véronique Chossat & Olivier Gergaud, 2003. "Expert Opinion and Gastronomy: The Recipe for Success," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 27(2), pages 127-141, May.
- Nicolas G. Vaillant & Francois-Charles Wolff, 2011. "Understanding how experts rate cigars," Post-Print hal-00732116, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00695723. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.