Elements of Hayek Monetary Theory
The monetary theory (theory of money order), which is an integral part of Haieks views on order, has not been sufficiently popularized among Bulgarian readers. When it is referred to, the following are usually mentioned, without going into detail: monetary explanation of crises and cycles, the explanation of prices as transmission of knowledge and information and, of course, the “exotic idea” of private competitive money. The present article is an attempt to partly reinstate the “technical aspects’ of Haiek’s monetary theory.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Publication status:||Published in Economic Thought, 2004, pp. 84-99|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00259730|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kevin Dowd, 1995. "A Rule to Stabilize the Price Level," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 15(1), pages 39-63, Spring/Su.
- Yeager, Leland B, 2001. "The Perils of Base Money," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 14(4), pages 251-266, December.
- White, Lawrence H, 1999. "Hayek's Monetary Theory and Policy: A Critical Reconstruction," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(1), pages 109-120, February.
- George A. Selgin & Lawrence H. White, 1994.
"How Would the Invisible Hand Handle Money?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1718-1749, December.
- Selgin, G.A. & White, L.H., 1993. "How Would the Invisible Hand Handle Money?," Papers 380e, Georgia - College of Business Administration, Department of Economics.
- White, Lawrence H, 1984. "Competitive Payments Systems and the Unit of Account," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 699-712, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00259730. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.