Cultural and Economic Approaches to Fertility : A Proper Marriage or a Mesalliance?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Pollak, R.A. & Watkins, S.C., 1993. "Cultural and Economic Approaches to Fertility : A Proper Marriage or a Mesalliance?," Working Papers 93-11, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Durlauf,S.N. & Walker,J.R., 1999. "Social interaction and fertility transitions," Working papers 28, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Christophe Z. Guilmoto & S. Irudaya Rajan, 1998.
"Regional heterogeneity and fertility behaviour in India,"
Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers
290, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- S. Irudaya Rajan & Christophe Z. Guilmoto, 2010. "Regional Heterogeneity and Fertility Behaviour in India," Working Papers id:3154, eSocialSciences.
- Robert Pollak, 2003.
"Gary Becker's Contributions to Family and Household Economics,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 111-141, January.
- Robert A. Pollak, 2002. "Gary Becker's Contributions to Family and Household Economics," NBER Working Papers 9232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert A. Pollak, 2004. "An intergenerational model of domestic violence," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 311-329, June.
- Monica Das Gupta, 1999.
"Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite: Exploring the role of governance in fertility decline,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 1-25.
- Das Gupta, Monica, 1999. "Liberte, egalite, fraternite : exploring the role of governance in fertility decline," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2126, The World Bank.
- Christine Bachrach, 2014. "Culture and Demography: From Reluctant Bedfellows to Committed Partners," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(1), pages 3-25, February.
- Belinda Diaz & Thomas Fent & Alexia Prskawetz & Laura Bernardi, 2011. "Transition to Parenthood: The Role of Social Interaction and Endogenous Networks," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 48(2), pages 559-579, May.
- repec:eee:thpobi:v:88:y:2013:i:c:p:68-77 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hill Kulu, 2003. "Migration and fertility: competing hypotheses re-examined," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2003-035, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Lundberg, Shelly & Pollak, Robert, 2013.
"Cohabitation and the Uneven Retreat from Marriage in the U.S., 1950-2010,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7607, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Shelly Lundberg & Robert A. Pollak, 2013. "Cohabitation and the Uneven Retreat from Marriage in the U.S., 1950-2010," NBER Working Papers 19413, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peng Yu, 2006. "Higher Education, the Bane of Fertility? An investigation with the HILDA Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 512, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Kendzia Michael J. & Zimmermann Klaus F., 2013.
"Celebrating 150 Years of Analyzing Fertility Trends in Germany,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 233(3), pages 406-422, June.
- Kendzia, Michael J. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2012. "Celebrating 150 Years of Analyzing Fertility Trends in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 6355, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jessica Nisén & Pekka Martikainen & Jaakko Kaprio & Karri Silventoinen, 2013. "Educational Differences in Completed Fertility: A Behavioral Genetic Study of Finnish Male and Female Twins," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(4), pages 1399-1420, August.
- Caroline Hartnett, 2012. "Are Hispanic Women Happier About Unintended Births?," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 31(5), pages 683-701, October.
- Leslie Root & Jennifer Johnson-Hanks†, 2016. "Gender, Honor, and Aggregate Fertility," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 75(4), pages 904-928, September.
- Márton Varga, 2014. "The effect of education, family size, unemployment and childcare availability on birth stopping and timing," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 13(2), pages 95-115, August.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Xiujian Peng, 2006. "An Econometric Analysis of the Determinants of Fertility for China, 1952-2000," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 165-183.
- Julia Behrman, 2015. "Does Schooling Affect Women’s Desired Fertility? Evidence From Malawi, Uganda, and Ethiopia," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(3), pages 787-809, June.
More about this item
Keywordsfertility ; economic models;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:washer:93-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuwaus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .