VaR-x: Fat Tails in Financial Risk Management
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kyritsis, Evangelos & Serletis, Apostolos, 2018.
"The zero lower bound and market spillovers: Evidence from the G7 and Norway,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 100-123.
- Kyritsis, Evangelos & Serletis, Apostolos, 2017. "The Zero Lower Bound and Market Spillovers: Evidence from the G7 and Norway," Discussion Papers 2017/7, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Alexander, Carol & Sheedy, Elizabeth, 2008. "Developing a stress testing framework based on market risk models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2220-2236, October.
- Huisman, R. & Huurman, C., 2003. "Fat Tails in Power Prices," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2003-059-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Tan, Kok-Hui & Chan, Inn-Leng, 2003. "Stress testing using VaR approach--a case for Asian currencies," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 39-55, February.
- Knowledge Chinhamu & Chun-Kai Huang & Chun-Sung Huang & Jahvaid Hammujuddy, 2015. "Empirical Analyses of Extreme Value Models for the South African Mining Index," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 83(1), pages 41-55, March.
- Vladimir Rankovic & Mikica Drenovak & Branko Uroševic & Ranko Jelic, 2016. "Mean Univariate-GARCH VaR Portfolio Optimization: Actual Portfolio Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 5731, CESifo Group Munich.
- Campbell-Pownall, R.A.J. & Huisman, R., 2002. "Measuring Credit Spread Risk," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-95-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Wagner, Niklas & Marsh, Terry A., 2005. "Measuring tail thickness under GARCH and an application to extreme exchange rate changes," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 165-185, January.
- Gita Persand & Chris Brooks, 2003. "Volatility forecasting for risk management," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 1-22.
- Campbell, Rachel A.J. & Forbes, Catherine S. & Koedijk, Kees G. & Kofman, Paul, 2008. "Increasing correlations or just fat tails?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 287-309, March.
- Gonzalo Cortazar & Alejandro Bernales & Diether Beuermann, 2005. "Methodology and Implementation of Value-at-Risk Measures in Emerging Fixed-Income Markets with Infrequent Trading," Finance 0512030, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Longin, François, 1999. "From Value at Risk to Stress Testing: The Extreme Value Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 2161, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ranković, Vladimir & Ivanović, Miloš & Urošević, Branko & Jelic, Ranko, 2017. "Market risk management in a post-Basel II regulatory environmentAuthor-Name: Drenovak, Mikica," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(3), pages 1030-1044.
- Samia Omrane, 2012. "An Analysis of Exchange Rate Risk Exposure Related to the Public Debt Portfolio of Tunisia: Beyond VaR Approach," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 59(1), pages 59-87, March.
- Lesedi Mabitsela & Eben Maré & Rodwell Kufakunesu, 2015. "Quantification of VaR: A Note on VaR Valuation in the South African Equity Market," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Branko Uroševic & Mikica Drenovak & Vladimir Rankovic & Ranko Jelic & Milos Ivanovic, 2016. "Market Risk Management in a Post-Basel II Regulatory Environment," CESifo Working Paper Series 6293, CESifo Group Munich.
- de Jesús, Raúl & Ortiz, Edgar & Cabello, Alejandra, 2013. "Long run peso/dollar exchange rates and extreme value behavior: Value at Risk modeling," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 139-152.
- Campbell, Rachel & Huisman, Ronald & Koedijk, Kees, 2001. "Optimal portfolio selection in a Value-at-Risk framework," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1789-1804, September.
- Horváth, Roman & Šopov, Boril, 2016.
"GARCH models, tail indexes and error distributions: An empirical investigation,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 1-15.
- Roman Horváth & Boril Sopov, 2015. "GARCH Models, Tail Indexes and Error Distributions: An Empirical Investigation," Working Papers IES 2015/09, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised May 2015.
- Pownall, Rachel A. J. & Koedijk, Kees G., 1999. "Capturing downside risk in financial markets: the case of the Asian Crisis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 853-870, December.
- Lin, Chu-Hsiung & Changchien, Chang-Cheng & Kao, Tzu-Chuan & Kao, Wei-Shun, 2014. "High-order moments and extreme value approach for value-at-risk," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 421-434.
- Birbil, S.I. & Frenk, J.B.G. & Kaynar, B. & N. Nilay, N., 2008. "Risk measures and their applications in asset management," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2008-14, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:252:y:2015:i:c:p:418-437 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRISK ; MANAGEMENT ; FINANCIAL MARKET;
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:socabu:98-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sbuscus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.