The Role of Informal Finance in Household Capital Accumulation: Evidence from Taiwan
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Besley, Timothy & Levenson, Alec R, 1996. "The Role of Informal Finance in Household Capital Accumulation: Evidence from Taiwan," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(434), pages 39-59, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Siwan Anderson & Jean-Marie Baland, 2002.
"The Economics of Roscas and Intrahousehold Resource Allocation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(3), pages 963-995.
- Siwan Anderson, 2000. "The Economics of Roscas and Intra-Household Resource Allocation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1323, Econometric Society.
- Anderson, K.S. & Baland, J-M., 2000. "The Economics of Roscas and Intra-Household Resource Allocation," Discussion Paper 2000-83, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Randall Morck & David Stangeland & Bernard Yeung, 2000.
"Inherited Wealth, Corporate Control, and Economic Growth The Canadian Disease?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Concentrated Corporate Ownership, pages 319-372
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall K. Morck & David A. Stangeland & Bernard Yeung, 1998. "Inherited Wealth, Corporate Control and Economic Growth: The Canadian Disease," NBER Working Papers 6814, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beck, Thorsten & Lu, Liping & Yang, Rudai, 2015.
"Finance and Growth for Microenterprises: Evidence from Rural China,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 38-56.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Lu, L. & Yang, R., 2013. "Finance and Growth for Microenterprises : Evidence from Rural China," Discussion Paper 2013-053, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Olivier Dagnelie & Philippe Lemay‐Boucher, 2012.
"Rosca Participation in Benin: A Commitment Issue,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 74(2), pages 235-252, April.
- Olivier Dagnelie & Philippe LeMay, 2005. "Rosca Participation in Benin : a Commitment Issue," Development and Comp Systems 0511026, EconWPA.
- Olivier Dagnelie & Philippe LeMay-Boucher, 2008. "Rosca Participation in Benin: a Commitment Issue," Working Papers 339, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Olivier Dagnelie & Philippe LeMay-Boucher, 2008. "Rosca Participation in Benin: a Commitment Issue," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 735.08, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Alexander Karaivanov, 2003. "Financial Contracts and Occupational Choice," Computing in Economics and Finance 2003 25, Society for Computational Economics.
- Levenson, Alec R. & Besley, Timothy, 1996. "The anatomy of an informal financial market: Rosca participation in Taiwan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 45-68, October.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2010.
"Formal versus Informal Finance: Evidence from China,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(8), pages 3048-3097, August.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2008. "Formal versus informal finance : evidence from China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4465, The World Bank.
- Soo, Kwok Tong, 2017. "Indivisibilities in the Ricardian model of trade," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 311-317.
- Karna Basu, 2011.
"Hyperbolic Discounting and the Sustainability of Rotational Savings Arrangements,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 143-171, November.
- Basu, Karna, 2008. "Hyperbolic discounting and the sustainability of rotational savings arrangements," MPRA Paper 20440, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shimpei Koike & Mayuko Nakamaru & Tokinao OTAKA & Hajime Shimao & Ken-Ichi Shimomura & Takehiko Yamato, 2015. "Reciprocity and Exclusion in Informal Financial Institutions: An Experimental Study of Rotating Savings and Credit Associations," Discussion Paper Series DP2015-31, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Kan, Kamhon, 2000. "Informal capital sources and household investment: evidence from Taiwan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 209-232, June.
- Demid Golikov, 2005. "Financial Intermediary In Monetary Economics: An Excerpt," Macroeconomics 0510018, EconWPA.
- SODOKIN, Koffi, 2006. "Functional and structural complementarities of banks and microbanks in L.D.Cs," LEG - Document de travail - Economie 2006-10, LEG, Laboratoire d'Economie et de Gestion, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- N. S. Chiteji, 2002. "Promises kept: enforcement and the role of rotating savings and credit associations in an economy," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 393-411.
- Vei-Lin Chan & Sheng-Cheng Hu, 1997. "Financial liberalization and aggregate consumption: the evidence from Taiwan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(11), pages 1525-1535.
- A. Lasagni & E. Lollo, 2011. "Participation in Rotating Savings and Credit Associations in Indonesia: New Empirical Evidence on Social Capital," Economics Department Working Papers 2011-EP05, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Ulrike Vogelgesang, 2001. "The Impact of Microfinance Loans on the Clients' Enterprises: Caja Los Andes, Bolivia," GK working paper series 2001-03, Post Graduate Programme "Allocation on Financial Markets", University of Mannheim, revised Nov 2001.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic growth ; financial institutions ; income;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:priwds:171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wwprius.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .