Estimating the Moral Hazard Effect of Supplemental Medical Insurance in the Demand for Prescription Drugs by the Elderly
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Coulson, N Edward, et al, 1995. "Estimating the Moral-Hazard Effect of Supplemental Medical Insurance in the Demand for Prescription Drugs by the Elderly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 122-126, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ángel Marcos Vera-Hernández, 1999. "Duplicate coverage and demand for health care. The case of Catalonia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(7), pages 579-598.
- Pau Olivella & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2006. "Testing for Asymmetric Information in Private Health Insurance," Working Papers 246, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J., 2008. "Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 531-543, May.
- repec:mpr:mprres:6332 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Grootendorst & Mitchell Levine, 2002.
"Do Drug Plans Matter? Effects of Drug Plan Eligibility on Drug Use Among the Elderly, Social Assistance Recipients and the General Population,"
Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population Research Reports
372, McMaster University.
- Paul V. Grootendorst & Mitchell Levine, 2002. "Do Drug Plans Matter? Effects of Drug Plan Eligibility on Drug Use Among the Elderly, Social Assistance Recipients and the General Population," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 73, McMaster University.
- Barros, Pedro Pita & Machado, Matilde P. & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2008.
"Moral hazard and the demand for health services: A matching estimator approach,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 1006-1025, July.
- Pita-Barros, Pedro & Machado, Matilde P. & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2005. "Moral hazard and the demand for health services: a matching estimator approach," UC3M Working papers. Economics we055928, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Barros, Pedro Luis Pita & Machado, Matilde Pinto & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2006. "Moral Hazard and the Demand for Health Services: A Matching Estimator Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 5488, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andr? Romeu-Santana & ?gel M. Vera-Hern?dez, "undated".
"A Semi-Nonparametric Estimator For Counts With An Endogenous Dummy. Variable,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
452.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Andres Romeu-Santana & Angel Marcos Vera-Hernndez, 2000. "A Semi-Nonparametric Estimator For Counts With An Endogenous Dummy Variable," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 37, Society for Computational Economics.
- Moreira S & Pita Barros P, 2009. "Double coverage and demand for health care: Evidence from quantile regression," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/21, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:kap:ijhcfe:v:17:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10754-016-9195-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Okunade, Albert A. & Suraratdecha, Chutima, 2006. "The pervasiveness of pharmaceutical expenditure inertia in the OECD countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 225-238, July.
- Ivan Moreno-Torres, 2011. "Generic drugs in Spain: price competition vs. moral hazard," Working Papers XREAP2011-04, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised May 2011.
- Yesim Köksal, Miyase, 2011. "Compassion and cost: The dual role of reference pricing," Working Papers in Economics 498, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Marisol Rodríguez & Alexandrina Stoyanova, 2004. "The effect of private insurance access on the choice of GP|specialist and public|private provider in Spain," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(7), pages 689-703.
- Filippini, M. & Heimsch, F. & Masiero, G., 2014.
"Antibiotic consumption and the role of dispensing physicians,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 242-251.
- Massimo Filippini & Fabian Heimsch & Giuliano Masiero, 2013. "Antibiotic consumption and the role of dispensing physicians," CEPRA working paper 1302, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Astrid Kiil, 2012. "Does employment-based private health insurance increase the use of covered health care services? A matching estimator approach," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Andrés Romeu & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2005.
"Counts with an endogenous binary regressor: A series expansion approach,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 8(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Andrés Romeu & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2004. "Counts With An Endogenous Binary Regressor: A Series Expansion Approach," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-36, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Lim, Jae-Young, 2010. "De-mystifying the Inconvenient Truth : Does Ex Post Moral Hazard Indeed Exist in Korean Private Health Insurance Market?," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 51(2), pages 74-92, December.
- Jaspersen, Johannes G. & Richter, Andreas, 2015. "The wealth effects of premium subsidies on moral hazard in insurance markets," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 139-153.
- José A. Pagán & Andrea Puig & Beth J. Soldo, 2007. "Health insurance coverage and the use of preventive services by Mexican adults," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(12), pages 1359-1369.
- Julieta Trías, 2004. "Determinantes de la Utilización de los Servicios de Salud: El caso de los niños en la Argentina," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0009, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Yan Zheng & Tomislav Vukina, 2016. "Using the age-based insurance eligibility criterion to estimate moral hazard in medical care consumption," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 40(3), pages 337-356.
- Pau Olivella & Marcos Vera-Hernandez, 2006. "Testing for adverse selection into private medical insurance," IFS Working Papers W06/02, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Li, Xin & Guh, Daphne & Lacaille, Diane & Esdaile, John & Anis, Aslam H., 2007. "The impact of cost sharing of prescription drug expenditures on health care utilization by the elderly: Own- and cross-price elasticities," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 340-347, August.
- Adriana Lleras-Muney & Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2002. "The Effect of Education on Medical Technology Adoption: Are the More Educated More Likely to Use New Drugs," NBER Working Papers 9185, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andreas Million & Regina T. Riphahn & Achim Wambach, 2003. "Incentive effects in the demand for health care: a bivariate panel count data estimation," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 387-405.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:pensta:04-95-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/depsuus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .