Costs and Pricing Policies Related to Transporting Water by Tanker from Turkey to North Cyprus
Water shortages in North Cyprus are quite evident and both supply and demand policies to alleviate these shortages are urgently needed.This paper reports on an evaluation we have carried out on the financial feasibility of importing water by tanker from Manavgat (Turkey) to Kumkoy (North Cyprus). The break-even real price of water (1998 prices) reflecting the cost per cubic meter (m3) will be calculated at various stages of the delivery process. The cost of water to the shore of North Cyprus reflects only the transportation cost, while the cost to Kumkoy reservoir will include the cost of infrastructure to be built in North Cyprus. The cost of water to households will take into account the high rate of leakage in the distribution systems.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: CAER Project, Harvard Institute for International Development, 14 Story Street, Cambridge MA 02138O|
Web page: http://www.hiid.harvard.edu/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glenn Jenkins & HENRY LIM & GANGADHAR SHUKLA, 1999. "Evaluation Of An Expansion Of The Electricity Transmission System In Mexico," Development Discussion Papers 1999-05, JDI Executive Programs.
- Chen, B.-L. & Lin, C.-F. J. & Yang, X., 1999. "Empirical Evidence for the Endogenous Growth Generated by Evolution in Division of Labor," Papers 671, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Barro, Robert J, 2001.
"Schooling Quality in a Cross-Section of Countries,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(272), pages 465-88, November.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Robert J. Barro, 1997. "Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 6198, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, J.-W. & Barro, R.J., 1998. "Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries," Papers 659, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Glenn Jenkins & HENRY LIM, 1998. "Evaluation Of Investments For The Expansion Of An Electricity Distribution System," Development Discussion Papers 1998-01, JDI Executive Programs.
- Khoo, L. & Dennis, B., 1999. "Income Inquality, Fertility Choice, and Economic Growth: Theory and Evidence," Papers 687, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Dennis, Benjamin & Kandel, Simon, 2000. "Holding Out for a Haircut: Financial Crisis, Moral Hazard, and Interest Rate Policy," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(3), pages 233-49, July.
- MIGARA JAYAWARDENA & Glenn Jenkins & GANGADHAR SHUKLA, 1999. "Control Of Water And Coastal Pollution An Appraisal For Espirito,Brazil," Development Discussion Papers 1999-04, JDI Executive Programs.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:harvid:689. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.