Precautionary Savings and Self-Selection - Evidence from the German Reunification "Experiment"
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uhlig, Harald, 2008. "The slow decline of East Germany," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 517-541, December.
- Simon Luechinger & Stephan Meier & Alois Stutzer, 2010.
"Why Does Unemployment Hurt the Employed?: Evidence from the Life Satisfaction Gap Between the Public and the Private Sector,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 45(4), pages 998-1045.
- Luechinger, Simon & Meier, Stephan & Stutzer, Alois, 2008. "Why Does Unemployment Hurt the Employed? Evidence from the Life Satisfaction Gap between the Public and the Private Sector," IZA Discussion Papers 3385, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luechinger, Simon & Meier, Stephan & Stutzer, Alois, 2008. "Why does unemployment hurt the employed? Evidence from the life satisfaction gap between the public and the privat sector," Working papers 2008/03, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- He, Hui & Huang, Feng & Liu, Zheng & Zhu, Dongming, 2014.
"Breaking the “Iron Rice Bowl” and Precautionary Swings: Evidence from Chinese State-Owned Enterprises Reform,"
Working Paper Series
2014-4, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 14 Feb 2017.
- Zheng Liu & Feng Huang & Dongming Zhu & Hui He, 2014. "Breaking the "Iron Rice Bowl" and Precautionary Savings: Evidence from Chinese State-Owned Enterprises Reform," 2014 Meeting Papers 764, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Marco Cozzi, 2012.
"Risk Aversion Heterogeneity, Risky Jobs and Wealth Inequality,"
1286, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Marco Cozzi, 2013. "Risk Aversion Heterogeneity, Risky Jobs and Wealth Inequality," 2013 Meeting Papers 842, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Harald Uhlig, 2006.
"Regional Labor Markets, Network Externalities and Migration: The Case of German Reunification,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 383-387, May.
- Harald Uhlig, 2006. "Regional Labor Markets, Network Externalities and Migration: The Case of German Reunification," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-004, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Uhlig, Harald, 2007. "Regional labor markets, network externalities and migration: the case of German reunification," Kiel Working Papers 1311, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Claudia R. Sahm, 2007. "Stability of risk preference," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-66, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rodriguez-Palenzuela, Diego & Dées, Stéphane & Andersson, Malin & Bijsterbosch, Martin & Forster, Katrin & Zorell, Nico & Audoly, Richard & Buelens, Christian & Compeyron, Guillaume & Ferrando, Annali, 2016. "Savings and investment behaviour in the euro area," Occasional Paper Series 167, European Central Bank.
- Meghir, Costas & Pistaferri, Luigi, 2011.
"Earnings, Consumption and Life Cycle Choices,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,
- Costas Meghir & Luigi Pistaferri, 2010. "Earnings, Consumption and Lifecycle Choices," NBER Working Papers 15914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Costas Meghir & Luigi Pistaferri, 2010. "Earnings, consumption and lifecycle choices," IFS Working Papers W10/05, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Marcos D. Chamon & Eswar S. Prasad, 2010.
"Why Are Saving Rates of Urban Households in China Rising?,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 93-130, January.
- Chamon, Marcos & Prasad, Eswar, 2007. "Why Are Saving Rates of Urban Households in China Rising?," IZA Discussion Papers 3191, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marcos d Chamon & Eswar S Prasad, 2008. "Why are Saving Rates of Urban Households in China Rising?," IMF Working Papers 08/145, International Monetary Fund.
- Marcos Chamon & Eswar Prasad, 2008. "Why are Saving Rates of Urban Households in China Rising?," NBER Working Papers 14546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Desbonnet, Audrey & Kankanamge, Sumudu, 2017.
"Public Debt And Aggregate Risk,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(08), pages 1996-2032, December.
- Audrey Desbonnet & Sumudu Kankanamge, 2008. "Public debt and aggregate risk," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00175877, HAL.
- Desbonnet, Audrey & Kankanamge, Sumudu, 2016. "Public debt and aggregate risk," TSE Working Papers 16-658, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Nicolas Sauter & Jan Walliser & Joachim Winter, 2010. "Tax Incentives, Bequest Motives, and the Demand for Life Insurance: Evidence from two Natural Experiments in Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 3040, CESifo Group Munich.
- Simon Luechinger & Stephan Meier & Alois Stutzer, 2008.
"Why does unemployment hurt the employed?: evidence from the life satisfaction gap between the public and private sectors,"
Public Policy Discussion Paper
08-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Simon Luechinger & Stephan Meier & Alois Stutzer, 2008. "Why Does Unemployment Hurt the Employed?: Evidence from the Life Satisfaction Gap between the Public and Private Sectors," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 106, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Erik Hurst & Arthur Kennickell & Annamaria Lusardi & Francisco Torralba, 2005.
"Precautionary Savings and the Importance of Business Owners,"
NBER Working Papers
11731, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hurst, Erik & Kennickell, Arthur & Lusardi, Annamaria & Torralba, Francisco, 2006. "Precautionary savings and the importance of business owners," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/16, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Kohn, Karsten & Antonczyk, Dirk, 2011. "The Aftermath of Reunification: Sectoral Transition, Gender, and Rising Wage Inequality in East Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 5708, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luc Arrondel & Hector Calvo Pardo, 2008. "Les Français sont-ils prudents ? Patrimoine et risque sur les revenus des ménages," PSE Working Papers halshs-00585994, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:harver:2069. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ieharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.