The Neo-Luddite's Lament: Excessive Upgrades in the Software Industry
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Glenn Ellison & Drew Fudenberg, 2000. "The Neo-Luddite's Lament: Excessive Upgrades in the Software Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(2), pages 253-272, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Christopher R. Knittel, 2009.
"Re-Assessing the U.S. Quality Adjustment to Computer Prices: The Role of Durability and Changing Software,"
NBER Chapters,in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 129-160
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Christopher R. Knittel, 2004. "Re-Assessing the U.S. Quality Adjustment to Computer Prices: The Role of Durability and Changing Software," NBER Working Papers 10857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher Knittel & Robert Feenstra, 2006. "Re-Assessing the U.S. Quality Adjustment to Computer Prices: The Role of Durability and Changing Software," Working Papers 632, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Soetevent Adriaan R. & Schoonbeek Lambert, 2006.
"Price-Setting Behavior in the Presence of Social Interactions,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 226(2), pages 208-228, April.
- Soetevent, Adriaan R. & Schoonbeek, Lambert, 2003. "Price-setting behavior in the presence of social interactions," CCSO Working Papers 200307, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Jong-Hee Hahn & Jin-Hyuk Kim, 2015. "R&D Investment, Planned Obsolescence, and Network Effects," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 171(4), pages 652-665, December.
- Jennifer Zhang & Abraham Seidmann, 2006. "Selling and Leasing Software with Network Externality," Working Papers 06-13, NET Institute, revised Aug 2006.
- Ramon Caminal, 2016. "Dynamic Product Diversity," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Anton, James J. & Biglaiser, Gary, 2013. "Quality, upgrades and equilibrium in a dynamic monopoly market," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 148(3), pages 1179-1212.
- Alessandro Pavan & Renato Gomes, 2011. "Many-to-Many Matching Design and Price Discrimination," 2011 Meeting Papers 1212, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Athanasopoulos, Thanos, 2014. "Compatibility, Intellectual Property,Innovation and Welfare in Durable Goods Markets with Network Effects," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1043, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:266:y:2018:i:3:p:1044-1061 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steven J. Davis & Jack MacCrisken & Kevin M. Murphy, 2001. "Economic Perspectives on Software Design: PC Operating Systems and Platforms," NBER Working Papers 8411, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sang‐Ho Lee & Le Duc Niem, 2010. "A Note On Durable Goods Monopolists: Commitment To Forward Compatibility," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 558-564, December.
- Susan N. Houseman & Timothy J. Bartik & Timothy J. Sturgeon, 2014. "Measuring Manufacturing: How the Computer and Semiconductor Industries Affect the Numbers and Perceptions," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 14-209, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Athanasopoulos, Thanos, 2014. "Incentives to Innovate, Compatibility and Efficiency in Durable Goods Markets with Network Effects," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1054, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Liu, Hsin-Hsien, 2013. "How promotional frames affect upgrade intentions," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 237-248.
- Morgan, Horatio M. & Ngwenyama, Ojelanki, 2015. "Real options, learning cost and timing software upgrades: Towards an integrative model for enterprise software upgrade decision analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 211-223.
- A. Banerji & Bhaskar Dutta, 2004. "Networks, Network Externalities and Market Segmentation," Working papers 124, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Awrey, Dan, 2013. "Toward a supply-side theory of financial innovation," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 401-419.
- Atsuo Utaka, 2015. "High Price Strategy and Quality Signalling," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 66(3), pages 408-420, September.
- Cerquera Dussán, Daniel, 2007. "Durable Goods, Innovation and Network Externalities," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-086, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:harver:1870. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ieharus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .