Returns and risks of U.S. bank foreign currency activities
No abstract is available for this item.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1986|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 10 Independence Mall, Philadelphia, PA 19106-1574|
Web page: http://www.philadelphiafed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.phil.frb.org/econ/wps/index.html Email: |
Other versions of this item:
- Grammatikos, Theoharry & Saunders, Anthony & Swary, Itzhak, 1986. " Returns and Risks of U.S. Bank Foreign Currency Activities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 671-682, July.
- Susan Ryan & Andrew C. Worthington, 2002. "Time-Varying Market, Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Risk in Australian Bank Portfolio Stock Returns: A Garch-M Approach," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 112, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Claudia M. Buch, 2000.
"Capital Market Integration in Euroland: The Role of Banks,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(4), pages 443-464, November.
- Buch, Claudia M., 1999. "Capital Market Integration in Euroland - The Role of Banks," Kiel Working Papers 932, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Mamatzakis, Emmanuel & Bermpei, Theodora, 2014. "What drives investment bank performance? The role of risk, liquidity and fees prior to and during the crisis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 102-117.
- Mamatzakis, E & bermpei, t, 2014. "What drives investment bank performance? the role of risk, liquidity and fees prior to and during the crisis," MPRA Paper 60196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claudia M. Buch, 1999. "Capital Mobility in Euroland ; The Role of Banks," Kiel Working Papers 932, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Jongmoo Choi & Elyas Elyasiani, 1997. "Derivative Exposure and the Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Risks of U.S. Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 267-286, October.
- Mun, Kyung-Chun & Emir Morgan, George, 2003. "Bank foreign exchange and interest rate risk management: simultaneous versus separate hedging strategies," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 277-297, July.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2000. "The Key to Risk Management: Management," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-42, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Martin, Anna D., 2000. "Exchange rate exposure of the key financial institutions in the foreign exchange market," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 267-286, July.
- Chaudhry, Mukesh K. & Christie-David, Rohan & Koch, Timothy W. & Reichert, Alan K., 2000. "The risk of foreign currency contingent claims at US commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1399-1417, September.
- Eric Wong & Jim Wong & Phyllis Leung, 2008. "The Foreign Exchange Exposure of Chinese Banks," Working Papers 0807, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Wong, Tak-Chuen & Wong, Jim & Leung, Phyllis, 2009. "The foreign exchange exposure of Chinese banks," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 174-182, June.
- Chamberlain, Sandra & Howe, John S. & Popper, Helen, 1997. "The exchange rate exposure of U.S. and Japanese banking institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 871-892, June.
- Sandra Chamberlain & John S. Howe & Helen Popper, 1995. "The exchange rate exposure of U.S. and Japanese banking institutions," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 95-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Sandra L. Chamberlain & John S. Howe & Helen Popper, 1996. "The Exchange Rate Exposure of U.S. and Japanese Banking Institutions," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-55, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Kasman, Saadet & Vardar, Gülin & Tunç, Gökçe, 2011. "The impact of interest rate and exchange rate volatility on banks' stock returns and volatility: Evidence from Turkey," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1328-1334, May.
- Mun, Kyung-Chun, 2016. "Hedging bank market risk with futures and forwards," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 112-125.
- Pariyada Sukcharoensin, 2013. "Time-Varying Market, Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Risks of Thai Commercial Banks," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 9(1), pages 25-45.
- Prasad, Anita Mehra & Rajan, Murli, 1995. "The role of exchange and interest risk in equity valuation: A comparative study of international stock markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 457-472, December.
- Jongmoo Jay Choi & Elyas Elyasiani, 1996. "Derivative Exposure and the Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Risks of U.S. Banks," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-53, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Aykut Ekinci, 2016. "The Effect of Credit and Market Risk on Bank Performance: Evidence from Turkey," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 427-434.
- Gounopoulos, Dimitrios & Molyneux, Philip & Staikouras, Sotiris K. & Wilson, John O.S. & Zhao, Gang, 2013. "Exchange rate risk and the equity performance of financial intermediaries," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 271-282.
- Cooper, Michael J. & Jackson, William III & Patterson, Gary A., 2003. "Evidence of predictability in the cross-section of bank stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 817-850, May.
- Papadamou, Stephanos & Tzivinikos, Trifon, 2013. "The risk relevance of International Financial Reporting Standards: Evidence from Greek banks," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 43-54.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpwp:86-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed