Should Speculators be Taxed?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean-Luc Vila, 1994. "Insider Trading without Normality," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(1), pages 131-152.
- James Tobin, 1978. "A Proposal for International Monetary Reform," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 4(3-4), pages 153-159, Jul/Oct.
- Spiegel, Matthew & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1992. "Informed Speculation and Hedging in a Noncompetitive Securities Market," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(2), pages 307-329.
- Umlauf, Steven R., 1993. "Transaction taxes and the behavior of the Swedish stock market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 227-240, April.
- Myron S. Scholes, 1981. "The economics of hedging and spreading in futures markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(2), pages 265-286, June.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1971. "The Private and Social Value of Information and the Reward to Inventive Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 561-574, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xavier Vives, 2017.
"Endogenous Public Information and Welfare in Market Games,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 935-963.
- Xavier Vives, 2011. "Endogenous Public Information and Welfare in Market Games," CESifo Working Paper Series 3492, CESifo Group Munich.
- Xavier Vives, 2016. "Endogenous Public Information and Welfare in Market Games," 2016 Meeting Papers 413, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Dieler, T., 2014. "Essays on asset trading," Other publications TiSEM ea0c811e-e335-402f-a3e2-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Cespa, Giovanni, 2002.
"Short-term investment and equilibrium multiplicity,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1645-1670, October.
- Giovanni Cespa, 2000. "Short-term investment and equilibrium multiplicity," Economics Working Papers 520, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2002.
- Hanke, Michael & Huber, Jürgen & Kirchler, Michael & Sutter, Matthias, 2010.
"The economic consequences of a Tobin tax--An experimental analysis,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1-2), pages 58-71, May.
- Michael Hanke & J?rgen Huber & Michael Kirchler & Matthias Sutter, 2007. "The economic consequences of a Tobin tax - An experimental analysis," Working Papers 2007-18, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Giovanna Nicodano & Sudipto Bhattacharya, 1999. "Insider Trading, Investment and Liquidity: A Welfare Analysis," FMG Discussion Papers dp334, Financial Markets Group.
- Dimitri Vayanos & Jiang Wang, 2012.
"Liquidity and Asset Returns Under Asymmetric Information and Imperfect Competition,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(5), pages 1339-1365.
- Dimitri Vayanos & Jiang Wang, 2012. "Liquidity and Asset Returns under Asymmetric Information and Imperfect Competition," FMG Discussion Papers dp708, Financial Markets Group.
- Thierry Foucault & David Sraer & David J. Thesmar, 2011.
"Individual Investors and Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 66(4), pages 1369-1406, August.
- Foucault, Thierry & Themar, David & Sraer, David, 2008. "Individual investors and volatility," HEC Research Papers Series 899, HEC Paris.
- Thierry Foucault & David Thesmar & David Sraer, 2008. "Individual Investors and Volatility," Working Papers hal-00578370, HAL.
- Thierry Foucault & David Sraer & David Thesmar, 2011. "Individual Investors and Volatility," Post-Print hal-00630297, HAL.
- Foucault, Thierry & Sraer, David & Thesmar, David, 2008. "Individual Investors and Volatility," CEPR Discussion Papers 6915, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Berentsen, Aleksander & Huber, Samuel & Marchesiani, Alessandro, 2016.
"The societal benefit of a financial transaction tax,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 303-323.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Samuel Huber & Alessandro Marchesiani, 2014. "The societal benefit of a financial transaction tax," ECON - Working Papers 176, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Jul 2016.
- JÃ¼rgen Antony & Michiel Bijlsma & Adam Elbourne & Marcel Lever & Gijsbert Zwart, 2012. "Financial transaction tax: review and assessment," CPB Discussion Paper 202, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Jürgen Huber & Michael Kirchler & Daniel Kleinlercher & Matthias Sutter, 2014.
"Market vs. residence principle : experimental evidence on the effects of a financial transaction tax,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2014/03, European University Institute.
- Huber, Jürgen & Kirchler, Michael & Kleinlercher, Daniel & Sutter, Matthias, 2014. "Market vs. Residence Principle: Experimental Evidence on the Effects of a Financial Transaction Tax," IZA Discussion Papers 7978, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Citanna, A. & Polemarchakis, H.M. & Tirelli, M., 2006.
"The taxation of trades in assets,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 299-313, January.
- CITANNA, Alessandro & POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles M. & TIRELLI, M., 2000. "The Taxation of Trades in assets," HEC Research Papers Series 721, HEC Paris.
- CITANNA, Alessandro & POLEMARCHAKIS, Herakles M. & TIRELLI, Mario, 2001. "The taxation of trades in assets," CORE Discussion Papers 2001017, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Herakles Polemarchakis, 2001. "The taxation of trades in assests," Working Papers 2001-21, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Alessandro Citanna & Heracles M. Polemarchakis & M. Tirelli, 2006. "The taxation of trades in assets," Post-Print halshs-00009847, HAL.
- James Dow & Gary Gorton, 2006. "Noise Traders," NBER Working Papers 12256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan D. Morrison, 2004. "Competition and Information Production in Market Maker Models," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(7-8), pages 1171-1190.
- Alexander Gümbel, 2005. "Should short-term speculators be taxed, or subsidised?," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 327-348, August.
- Dominique Dupont & Gabriel Lee, 2007.
"Effects of Securities Transaction Taxes on Depth and Bid-Ask Spread,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 31(2), pages 393-400, May.
- Dupont, Dominique Y. & Lee, Gabriel S., 2003. "Effects of Securities Transaction Taxes on Depth and Bid-Ask Spread," Economics Series 132, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Kirchler, Michael & Huber, Jürgen & Kleinlercher, Daniel, 2011. "Market microstructure matters when imposing a Tobin tax—Evidence from the lab," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 586-602.
- Neil McCulloch & Grazia Pacillo, 2010. "The Tobin Tax A Review of the Evidence," Working Paper Series 1611, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- Hara, Chiaki, 2012. "Asset prices, trading volumes, and investor welfare in markets with transaction costs," CIS Discussion paper series 556, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Chiaki Hara, 2013. "Asset Prices, Trading Volumes, and Investor Welfare in Markets with Transaction Costs," KIER Working Papers 862, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Huber, Jürgen & Kleinlercher, Daniel & Kirchler, Michael, 2012. "The impact of a financial transaction tax on stylized facts of price returns—Evidence from the lab," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1248-1266.
More about this item
KeywordsINFORMATION ; REGULATION ; SOCIAL WELFARE;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eui:euiwps:eco97/21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia Valerio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiueit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.