Two Kinds of Activism: Reflections on Citizenship in Globalising Delhi
This paper attempts to look at two most pressing concerns i.e. housing and environment in Delhi and in doing so attempts to review the activities of Resident Welfare associations (RWAs), Sajha Manch and Delhi Janwadi Adhikar Manch. The aim is to look at the effects of activism of two different hues on city spaces. In this light also explores the possibilities and limits of â€˜radicalâ€™ alternatives (Sajha Manch) in the times of globalization. The primary source materials for this attempt are clippings of the newspapers, news magazines, Sajha Manch Samachar (a monthly bulletin of Sajha Manch) and various pamphlets published by Sajha Manch, Delhi Janwadi Adhikar Manch and other bodies in the wake of various events. The focus is on post-1990s developments in Delhi. Drawing upon Tarloâ€™s unconventional methodological precept it is argued that the bulletins and clippings would provide us with an ethnographic window to the larger picture of lived politics and negotiation of citizenship in cities.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- ., 2005. "T.H. Marshall: Citizenship and Social Distance," Chapters, in: Democracy and Exchange, chapter 9 Edward Elgar.
- ., 2005. "The Public Utility Marketing Challenge," Chapters, in: Public Utilities, chapter 8 Edward Elgar.
- anonymous, 2005. "Domestic open market operations during 2005," Annual Report Domestic Open Market Operations, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Stephen Shore & Alexander Muermann, 2005. "Spot Market Power and Future Market Trading," FMG Discussion Papers dp531, Financial Markets Group.
- ., 2005. "T.H. Marshall: Welfare on the Middle Ground," Chapters, in: Democracy and Exchange, chapter 10 Edward Elgar.
- ., 2005. "T.H. Marshall: Citizenship and Social Thought," Chapters, in: Democracy and Exchange, chapter 7 Edward Elgar.
- Kibris, Ozgur & Kucuksenel, Serkan, 2005.
"Trade rules for uncleared markets,"
1232, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- anonymous, 2005. "Summary of economic conditions," Main Street Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 4.
- Anonymous, 2005. "Executive Summaries," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 8(01).
- מחקר - ביטוח לאומי, 2005. "Summary for 2004," Working Papers 31, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- ., 2005. "T.H. Marshall: Citizenship and Social Rights," Chapters, in: Democracy and Exchange, chapter 8 Edward Elgar.
- Grigory Androuschak, 2005. "Quasimarkets in the public sector economy," Educational Studies, Higher School of Economics, issue 4, pages 346-364.
- ., 2005. "Conclusion: Adam Smith on Market and State," Chapters, in: Democracy and Exchange, chapter 12 Edward Elgar.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:463. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.