Two Kinds of Activism: Reflections on Citizenship in Globalising Delhi
This paper attempts to look at two most pressing concerns i.e. housing and environment in Delhi and in doing so attempts to review the activities of Resident Welfare associations (RWAs), Sajha Manch and Delhi Janwadi Adhikar Manch. The aim is to look at the effects of activism of two different hues on city spaces. In this light also explores the possibilities and limits of â€˜radicalâ€™ alternatives (Sajha Manch) in the times of globalization. The primary source materials for this attempt are clippings of the newspapers, news magazines, Sajha Manch Samachar (a monthly bulletin of Sajha Manch) and various pamphlets published by Sajha Manch, Delhi Janwadi Adhikar Manch and other bodies in the wake of various events. The focus is on post-1990s developments in Delhi. Drawing upon Tarloâ€™s unconventional methodological precept it is argued that the bulletins and clippings would provide us with an ethnographic window to the larger picture of lived politics and negotiation of citizenship in cities.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wong, Wing-Keung & Du, Jun & Chong, Terence Tai-Leung, 2005.
"Do the technical indicators reward chartists? A study on the stock markets of China, Hong Kong and Taiwan,"
Review of Applied Economics,
Review of Applied Economics, vol. 1(2).
- Wing-Keung Wong & Jun Du & Terence Tai-Leung Chong, 2005. "Do the technical indicators reward chartists? A study on the stock markets of China, Hong Kong and Taiwan," Finance Working Papers 22587, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Wing-Keung Wong & Jun Du & Terence Tai-Leung Chong, 2005. "Do the technical indicators reward chartists? A study on the stock markets of China, Hong Kong and Taiwan," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0512, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Stephen Shore & Alexander Muermann, 2005. "Spot Market Power and Future Market Trading," FMG Discussion Papers dp531, Financial Markets Group.
- Özgür Kýbrýs & Serkan Küçükþenel, 2005.
"Trade rules for uncleared markets,"
- Christine Moorman & Rex Du & Carl F. Mela, 2005. "The Effect of Standardized Information on Firm Survival and Marketing Strategies," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(2), pages 263-274, September.
- Xue-Zhong He & Frank H. Westerhoff, 2004.
"Commodity Markets, Price Limiters and Speculative Price Dynamics,"
Research Paper Series
136, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- He, Xue-Zhong & Westerhoff, Frank H., 2005. "Commodity markets, price limiters and speculative price dynamics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1577-1596, September.
- Ahn, Byeong Seok & Sam Park, Kyung & Hee Han, Chang & Kyeong Kim, Jae, 2000. "Multi-attribute decision aid under incomplete information and hierarchical structure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 125(2), pages 431-439, September.
- Roberto Dieci & Ilaria Foroni & Laura Gardini & Xue-Zhong He, 2005. "Market Mood, Adaptive Beliefs and Asset Price Dynamics," Research Paper Series 162, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Baek, In-Mee & Bandopadhyaya, Arindam & Du, Chan, 2005. "Determinants of market-assessed sovereign risk: Economic fundamentals or market risk appetite?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 533-548, June.
- Wang, H. Holly & Du, Wen, 2005. "Intertemporal Risk Management Decisions of Farmers under Preference, Market, and Policy Dynamics," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19526, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Wing-Keung Wong & Aman Agarwal & Jun Du, 2005. "Financial Integration for India Stock Market, a Fractional Cointegration Approach," Departmental Working Papers wp0501, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Jianling Li & Martin Wachs, 2000. "A test of inter-modal performance measures for transit investment decisions," Transportation, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 243-267, June.
- Derek Laing & Victor Li & Ping Wang, 2000. "Money and Prices in a Multiple Matching Decentralized Trading Model," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0022, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- S Lin, 2000. "The Decline Of China'S Budgetary Revenue: Reasons And Consequences," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(4), pages 477-490, October.
- Francis In & Jonathan A. Batten, 2005. "Expectations and Equilibrium in High-Grade Australian Bond Markets," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(04), pages 573-592.
- מחקר - ביטוח לאומי, 2005. "Summary for 2004," Working Papers 31, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:463. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.