Development and distribution : a critique of the cross-country U-hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bowman, Kirk S., 1997. "Should the Kuznets effect be relied on to induce equalizing growth: Evidence from post-1950 development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 127-143, January.
- Perdamen Sagala & Takahiro Akita & Arief Yusuf, 2014.
"Urbanization and expenditure inequality in Indonesia: testing the Kuznets hypothesis with provincial panel data,"
Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences,
Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 133-147, October.
- Perdamen Sagala & Takahiro Akita & Arief Anshori Yusuf, 2013. "Urbanization and Expenditure Inequality in Indonesia: Testing the Kuznets Hypothesis with Provincial Panel Data," Working Papers EMS_2013_20, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Perdamen Sagala & Takahiro Akita & Arief Anshory Yusuf, 2016. "Urbanization and Expenditure Inequality in Indonesia: Testing the Kuznets Hypothesis with Provincial Panel Data," UNPAD SDGs Working Paper Series 201610, Center for Sustainable Development Goals Studies, Universitas Padjadjaran, revised Jun 2016.
- Perdamen Sagala & Takahiro Akita & Arief Anshory Yusuf, 2013. "Urbanization and Expenditure Inequality in Indonesia: Testing the Kuznets Hypothesis with Provincial Panel Data," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 201318, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Oct 2013.
- David E. Sahn & Stephen D. Younger, 2009. "Measuring intra‐household health inequality: explorations using the body mass index," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S1), pages 13-36, April.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2000. "Income distribution and development," Handbook of Income Distribution,in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 791-841 Elsevier.
- Takahiro AKITA & Rizal Affandi LUKMAN & Yukino YAMADA, 1999. "Inequality In The Distribution Of Household Expenditures In Indonesia: A Theil Decomposition Analysis," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 37(2), pages 197-221, June.
- jovanovic, branimir, 2015. "When is there a Kuznets curve?," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201550, University of Turin.
- Jeong, Hyeok, 2008.
"Assessment Of Relationship Between Growth And Inequality: Micro Evidence From Thailand,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(S2), pages 155-197, September.
- Hyeok Jeong, 2005. "Assessment of Relationship between Growth and Inequality: Micro Evidence from Thailand," IEPR Working Papers 05.20, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Park, Kang H., 1996. "Educational expansion and educational inequality on income distribution," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 51-58, February.
- Jalil, Mohammad Muaz, 2009. "Re-examining Kuznets Hypothesis: Does Data Matter?," MPRA Paper 72557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:rujoec:v:3:y:2017:i:1:p:42-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- José Gabriel Palma, 2011. "Forum 2011," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 42(1), pages 87-153, January.
- Hyeok Jeong, 2001. "An Assessment of Relationship Between Growth and Inequality Using Micro Data from Thailand," JCPR Working Papers 244, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Alfredo Macías Vázquez, 2014. "Crecimiento, desigualdad y pobreza: estado de la cuestión," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 16(31), pages 101-126, July-Dece.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:134:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1435-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Takahiro Akita & Heryanah, 2013. "Educational Expansion and Inequality in Indonesia: Testing the Kuznets Hypothesis with Provincial Panel Data," Working Papers EMS_2013_18, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Saith A., 1989. "Development strategies and the rural poor," ILO Working Papers 992657293402676, International Labour Organization.
- Bourguignon, Francois & Morrisson, Christian, 1998. "Inequality and development: the role of dualism," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 233-257.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:136:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-017-1558-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Javier Rodríguez Weber, 2015. "Income inequality in Chile since 1850," Documentos de trabajo 36, Programa de Historia Económica, FCS, Udelar.
- van Ruijven, Bas & Urban, Frauke & Benders, René M.J. & Moll, Henri C. & van der Sluijs, Jeroen P. & de Vries, Bert & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2008. "Modeling Energy and Development: An Evaluation of Models and Concepts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2801-2821, December.
- Islam, S.M.A, 2009. "Inequality and economic growth in Bangladesh–a diversified evidence on Kuznets pattern `U` hypothesis," Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh Agricultural University Research System (BAURES), vol. 7.
- Tomson Ogwang, 1995. "The Economic Development-Income Inequality Nexus," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 217-229, April.
- David Sahn & Stephen Younger, 2005. "Improvements in children’s health: Does inequality matter?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 3(2), pages 125-143, August.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic development; income distribution; development theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriss:18763. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.