Strategic use of CSR as a signal for good management
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation," Scholarly Articles 29407535, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Abagail McWilliams & Donald S. Siegel & Patrick M. Wright, 2006.
"Corporate Social Responsibility: Strategic Implications,"
Journal of Management Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Abagail McWilliams & Donald S. Siegel & Patrick M. Wright, 2005. "Corporate Social Responsibility: Strategic Implications," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0506, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey Wurgler & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2002. "Does Arbitrage Flatten Demand Curves for Stocks?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(4), pages 583-608, October.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- David P. Baron, 2001. "Private Politics, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Integrated Strategy," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 7-45, March.
- Jensen, Michael C., 2002. "Value Maximization, Stakeholder Theory, and the Corporate Objective Function," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 235-256, April.
- Bryan W. Husted & José De Jesus Salazar, 2006. "Taking Friedman Seriously: Maximizing Profits and Social Performance," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 75-91, January.
- Patten, Dennis M., 1990. "The market reaction to social responsibility disclosures: The case of the Sullivan principles signings," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 575-587.
- Carol Corrado & John Haltiwanger & Daniel Sichel, 2005. "Measuring Capital in the New Economy," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number corr05-1, March.
- P. D., 1988. "Introduction," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 10(4), pages 527-527, July.
- Catherine M. Paul & Donald Siegel, 2006.
"Corporate social responsibility and economic performance,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 207-211, December.
- Catherine J. Morrison-Paul & Donald S. Siegel, 2006. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Economic Performance," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0605, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation : An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 293-315, January.
- Mark Bagnoli & Susan G. Watts, 2003. "Selling to Socially Responsible Consumers: Competition and The Private Provision of Public Goods," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 419-445, September.
- Baruch Lev & Suresh Radhakrishnan, 2005. "The Valuation of Organization Capital," NBER Chapters, in: Measuring Capital in the New Economy, pages 73-110, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prescott, Edward C & Visscher, Michael, 1980. "Organization Capital," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 446-461, June.
- Diane K. Denis & John J. McConnell & Alexei V. Ovtchinnikov & Yun Yu, 2003. "S&P 500 Index Additions and Earnings Expectations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(5), pages 1821-1840, October.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. " Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-590, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jae Mee Yoo & Woojae Choi & Mi Lim Chon, 2019. "Do Employees Matter in the Relationship between Corporate Social Responsibility and Financial Performance?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(22), pages 1-13, November.
- Mohamed A. Ayadi & Hatem Ben-Ameur & Lawrence Kryzanowski, 2016. "Typical and Tail Performance of Canadian Equity SRI Mutual Funds," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 57-94, August.
- Choi, Jong-Seo & Kwak, Young-Min & Choe, Chongwoo, 2010. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Financial Performance: Evidence from Korea," MPRA Paper 22159, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vintilă Georgeta & Nenu Elena Alexandra & Gherghina Ştefan Cristian, 2014. "Empirical Research Towards the Factors Influencing Corporate Financial Performance on the Bucharest Stock Exchange," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, Sciendo, vol. 61(2), pages 219-233, December.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2008-05-17 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-SOC-2008-05-17 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emp:wpaper:wp08-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amada Marcos). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeeiees.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.