Contextual factors and contingent reward leadership: employer adoption of telecommuting
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert E. Quinn & Kim Cameron, 1983. "Organizational Life Cycles and Shifting Criteria of Effectiveness: Some Preliminary Evidence," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 33-51, January.
- Ouchi, William, 1981. "Theory Z: How American business can meet the Japanese challenge," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 82-83.
- William K. Roche, 1999. "In Search of Commitment-Oriented Human Resource Management Practices and the Conditions that Sustain Them," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(5), pages 653-678, September.
- Edward E. Potter, 2003. "Telecommuting: The Future of Work, Corporate Culture, and American Society," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 24(1), pages 73-84, January.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-15 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emp:wpaper:wp08-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amada Marcos). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeeiees.html .