Are franchises bad employers?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Scott Shane & Maw-Der Foo, 1999. "New Firm Survival: Institutional Explanations for New Franchisor Mortality," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(2), pages 142-159, February.
- Norton, Seth W, 1988. "An Empirical Look at Franchising as an Organizational Form," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(2), pages 197-218, April.
- Gil A. Preuss, 2003. "High Performance Work Systems and Organizational Outcomes: The Mediating Role of Information Quality," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 56(4), pages 590-605, July.
- Rubin, Paul H, 1978. "The Theory of the Firm and the Structure of the Franchise Contract," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 223-233, April.
- Wade L. Thomas & Michael J. O'Hara & Frank W. Musgrave, 1990. "The Effects of Ownership and Investment upon the Performance of Franchise Systems," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 34(1), pages 54-61, March.
- Sandra E. Black & Lisa Lynch & Anya Krivelyova, 2003.
"How Workers Fare When Employers Innovate,"
NBER Working Papers
9569, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sandra E Black & Lisa M Lynch & Anya Krivelyova, 2003. "How Workers Fare When Employers Innovate," Working Papers 03-11, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Sandra E. Black & Lisa M. Lynch & Anya Krivelyova, 2003. "How workers fare when employers innovate," Working Paper Series 2003-22, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Hennessy, David A., 2003.
"Property rights, productivity, and the nature of noncontractible actions in a franchise system,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 443-468, December.
- Hennessy, David A., 2003. "Property Rights, Productivity, and the Nature of Noncontractible Actions in a Franchise System," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11750, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Combs, James G. & Ketchen, David Jr. & Hoover, Vera L., 2004. "A strategic groups approach to the franchising-performance relationship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 877-897, November.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1991. "Ownership, Agency, and Wages: An Examination of Franchising in the Fast Food Industry," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(1), pages 75-101.
- Knott, Anne Marie & McKelvey, Bill, 1999. "Nirvana efficiency: a comparative test of residual claims and routines," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 365-383, April.
- John Godard, 2001. "High Performance and the Transformation of Work? The Implications of Alternative Work Practices for the Experience and Outcomes of Work," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(4), pages 776-805, July.
- O. Brown Jr., William, 1998. "Transaction costs, corporate hierarchies, and the theory of franchising," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 319-329, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tschoegl Adrian E, 2007. "McDonald's -- Much Maligned, But an Engine of Economic Development," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 7(4), pages 1-18, December.
- Maté Fodor, 2016. "Essays on Education, Wages and Technology," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/239691, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
KeywordsEmployement practise; Franchise organizations;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emp:wpaper:wp06-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amada Marcos). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeeiees.html .