Performance Evaluation Of Public And Private R&D Partnerships: (...)
(WP 07/03 Clave pdf) This paper focuses on organizational learning and knowledge management through the intersectoral R&D relationship between government, universities and private organizations and explores the conditions that influence its performance. A study of over 150 of these projects, funded by Spanish government agencies, is presented in this paper. We empirically investigate how participating firm characteristics, the locus of the R&D agreement, and its organizational characteristics influence intersectoral R&D project performance. Expected and unexpected results are presented and discussed. Performance is determined using a data envelopment analysis (DEA)-based model.
|Date of creation:||May 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: +34 91 568 96 00|
Phone: +34 91 568 96 00
Web page: http://www.ie.edu/esp/claustro/claustro_areas_detalle.asp?id=5
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Inkpen, Andrew, 1998. "Learning, knowledge acquisition, and strategic alliances," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 223-229, April.
- Rosenberg, Nathan & Nelson, Richard R., 1994. "American universities and technical advance in industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 323-348, May.
- Faulkner, Wendy & Senker, Jacqueline, 1994. "Making sense of diversity: public-private sector research linkage in three technologies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 673-695, November.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1991. "What makes basic research economically useful?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 109-119, April.
- John Seely Brown & Paul Duguid, 2001. "Knowledge and Organization: A Social-Practice Perspective," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 198-213, April.
- Van Dierdonck, R. & Debackere, K. & Engelen, B., 1990. "University-industry relationships: How does the Belgian academic community feel about it?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 551-566, December.
- Lee, Yong S., 1996. "'Technology transfer' and the research university: a search for the boundaries of university-industry collaboration," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 843-863, September.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Deepak K. Sinha & Michael A. Cusumano, 1991. "Complementary Resources and Cooperative Research: A Model of Research Joint Ventures Among Competitors," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(9), pages 1091-1106, September.
- Bertrand Quélin & Caroline Mothe, 2001. "Resource creation and partnership in R&D consortia," Post-Print hal-00459871, HAL.
- Patrick L. Brockett & Boaz Golany, 1996. "Using Rank Statistics for Determining Programmatic Efficiency Differences in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(3), pages 466-472, March.
- Grosskopf, S. & Valdmanis, V., 1987. "Measuring hospital performance : A non-parametric approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 89-107, June.
- John Seely Brown & Paul Duguid, 1991. "Organizational Learning and Communities-of-Practice: Toward a Unified View of Working, Learning, and Innovation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 40-57, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emp:wpaper:wp03-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amada Marcos)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.