Performance Evaluation Of Public And Private R&D Partnerships: (...)
(WP 07/03 Clave pdf) This paper focuses on organizational learning and knowledge management through the intersectoral R&D relationship between government, universities and private organizations and explores the conditions that influence its performance. A study of over 150 of these projects, funded by Spanish government agencies, is presented in this paper. We empirically investigate how participating firm characteristics, the locus of the R&D agreement, and its organizational characteristics influence intersectoral R&D project performance. Expected and unexpected results are presented and discussed. Performance is determined using a data envelopment analysis (DEA)-based model.
|Date of creation:||May 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34 91 568 96 00
Web page: http://www.ie.edu/esp/claustro/claustro_areas_detalle.asp?id=5
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Van Dierdonck, R. & Debackere, K. & Engelen, B., 1990. "University-industry relationships: How does the Belgian academic community feel about it?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 551-566, December.
- Rosenberg, Nathan & Nelson, Richard R., 1994. "American universities and technical advance in industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 323-348, May.
- Patrick L. Brockett & Boaz Golany, 1996. "Using Rank Statistics for Determining Programmatic Efficiency Differences in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(3), pages 466-472, March.
- Faulkner, Wendy & Senker, Jacqueline, 1994. "Making sense of diversity: public-private sector research linkage in three technologies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 673-695, November.
- Lee, Yong S., 1996. "'Technology transfer' and the research university: a search for the boundaries of university-industry collaboration," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 843-863, September.
- Deepak K. Sinha & Michael A. Cusumano, 1991. "Complementary Resources and Cooperative Research: A Model of Research Joint Ventures Among Competitors," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(9), pages 1091-1106, September.
- Grosskopf, S. & Valdmanis, V., 1987. "Measuring hospital performance : A non-parametric approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 89-107, June.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1991. "What makes basic research economically useful?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 109-119, April.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Inkpen, Andrew, 1998. "Learning, knowledge acquisition, and strategic alliances," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 223-229, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emp:wpaper:wp03-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amada Marcos)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.