Private Electronic Money, Fiat Money and the Payments System
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Paula Hernandez-Verme & Haibo Huang & Andrew B. Whinston, 2009. "Private Electronic Money, Fiat Money and the Payments System," Department of Economics and Finance Working Papers EC200902, Universidad de Guanajuato, Department of Economics and Finance.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Malavika Nair & Rahimat Emozozo, 2018. "Electronic Currency In Africa: Mâ€ Pesa As Private Inside Money," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 197-206, June.
More about this item
Keywordscommodity money; electronic commerce; network; payment system; private money;
All these keywords.
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2004-08-16 (Central Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2004-08-16 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2004-08-16 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:nasm04:503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Christopher F. Baum (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.