The Leverage Ratchet Effect
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anat R. Admati & Peter M. DeMarzo & Martin F. Hellwig & Paul Pfleiderer, 2013. "The Leverage Ratchet Effect," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2013_13, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, revised Sep 2017.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:rcorpf:v:2:y:2013:i:1:p:29-61. is not listed on IDEAS
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Sudipto Bhattacharya & Kjell G. Nyborg, 2013.
"Bank Bailout Menus,"
Review of Corporate Finance Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 29-61.
- Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Nyborg, Kjell G, 2010. "Bank Bailout Menus," CEPR Discussion Papers 7906, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sudipto Bhattacharya & Kjell G. Nyborg, 2011. "Bank Bailout Menus," FMG Discussion Papers dp668, Financial Markets Group.
- Sudipto Bhattacharya & Kjell G. Nyborg, 2011. "Bank Bailout Menus," FMG Discussion Papers dp676, Financial Markets Group.
- Sudipto BHATTACHARYA & Kjell G. NYBORG, 2010. "Bank Bailout Menus," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 10-24, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Gorton, Gary B., 2010. "Slapped by the Invisible Hand: The Panic of 2007," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199734153.
- Kenneth R. French & Martin N. Baily & John Y. Campbell & John H. Cochrane & Douglas W. Diamond & Darrell Duffie & Anil K Kashyap & Frederic S. Mishkin & Raghuram G. Rajan & David S. Scharfstein & Robe, 2010.
"The Squam Lake Report: Fixing the Financial System,"
Princeton University Press,
edition 1, number 9261, October.
- Kenneth French & Martin Baily & John Campbell & John Cochrane & Douglas Diamond & Darrell Duffie & Anil Kashyap & Frederic Mishkin & Raghuram Rajan & David Scharfstein & Robert Shiller & Hyun Song Shi, 2010. "The Squam Lake Report: Fixing the Financial System," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 22(3), pages 8-21.
- Ilya A. Strebulaev & Baozhong Yang, 2012. "The Mystery of Zero-Leverage Firms," NBER Working Papers 17946, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Florian Heider & Alexander Ljungqvist, 2012. "As Certain as Debt and Taxes: Estimating the Tax Sensitivity of Leverage from Exogenous State Tax Changes," NBER Working Papers 18263, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bahaj, Saleem & Bridges, Jonathan & Malherbe, Frederic & O’Neill, Cian, 2016. "What determines how banks respond to changes in capital requirements?," Bank of England working papers 593, Bank of England.
- Heider, Florian & Ljungqvist, Alexander, 2015.
"As certain as debt and taxes: Estimating the tax sensitivity of leverage from state tax changes,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 684-712.
- Florian Heider & Alexander Ljungqvist, 2013. "As Certain as Debt and Taxes: Estimating the Tax Sensitivity of Leverage from State Tax Changes," NBER Chapters,in: New Perspectives on Corporate Capital Structure National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudio Albanese & Simone Caenazzo & St'ephane Cr'epey, 2016. "Capital Valuation Adjustment and Funding Valuation Adjustment," Papers 1603.03012, arXiv.org.
- Perri, Fabrizio & Stefanidis, Georgios, 2017. "Capital Requirements and Bailouts," Staff Report 554, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Hugonnier, Julien & Malamud, Semyon & Morellec, Erwan, 2015. "Credit market frictions and capital structure dynamics," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 1130-1158.
- Lubberink, Martien, 2014.
"Are banks’ below-par own debt repurchases a cause for prudential concern?,"
59475, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lubberink, Martien & Renders, Annelies, 2016. "Are banks’ below-par own debt repurchases a cause for prudential concern?," MPRA Paper 72814, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gormley, Todd A. & Matsa, David A., 2016. "Playing it safe? Managerial preferences, risk, and agency conflicts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(3), pages 431-455.
- Lucy M. Goodhart, 2015. "Brave New World? Macro-prudential policy and the new political economy of the federal reserve," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 280-310, April.
- Claudio Albanese & Simone Caenazzo & Stéphane Crépey, 2016. "Capital Valuation Adjustment and Funding Valuation Adjustment," Working Papers hal-01285363, HAL.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-06-18 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:stabus:repec:ecl:stabus:3029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gsstaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.