When Economic Reform Goes Wrong: Cashews in Mozambique
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Margaret McMillan & Dani Rodrik & Karen Horn Welch, 2002. "When Economic Reform Goes Wrong: Cashews in Mozambique," NBER Working Papers 9117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Horn Welch, Karen & McMillan, Margaret & Rodrik, Dani, 2002. "When Economic Reform Goes Wrong: Cashews in Mozambique," CEPR Discussion Papers 3519, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zeckhauser Richard, 2006. "Investing in the Unknown and Unknowable," Capitalism and Society, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-41, September.
- Trautmann, Stefan T. & Zeckhauser, Richard J., 2013.
"Shunning uncertainty: The neglect of learning opportunities,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, pages 44-55.
- Trautmann, Stefan T. & Zeckhauser, Richard J., 2011. "Shunning Uncertainty: The Neglect of Learning Opportunities," Working Paper Series rwp11-044, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Zeckhauser, Richard Jay & Trautmann, Stefan T, 2011. "Shunning Uncertainty: The Neglect of Learning Opportunities," Scholarly Articles 5347068, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Patt, Anthony & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2000. "Action Bias and Environmental Decisions," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 45-72, July.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Samuelson, William & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1988. "Status Quo Bias in Decision Making," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 7-59, March.
- George Loewenstein, 2000. "Emotions in Economic Theory and Economic Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 426-432, May.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Maxmin expected utility with non-unique prior," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-153, April.
- Ritov, Ilana & Baron, Jonathan, 1992. "Status-Quo and Omission Biases," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 49-61, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cadot, Olivier & Dutoit, Laure & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2006. "How costly is it for poor farmers to lift themselves out of poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3881, The World Bank.
- Balat, Jorge & Brambilla, Irene & Porto, Guido, 2009.
"Realizing the gains from trade: Export crops, marketing costs, and poverty,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, pages 21-31.
- Jorge Balat & Irene Brambilla & Guido Porto, 2007. "Realizing the Gains From Trade: Export Crops, Marketing Costs, and Poverty," NBER Working Papers 13395, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Balat, Jorge & Brambilla, Irene & Porto, Guido, 2008. "Realizing the gains from trade : export crops, marketing costs, and poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4488, The World Bank.
- Chau, Nancy & Goto, Hideaki & Kanbur, Ravi, 2009.
"Middlemen, Non-Profits, and Poverty,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4406, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chau, Nancy H. & Goto, Hideaki & Kanbur, Ravi, 2009. "Middlemen, Non-Profits, and Poverty," Working Papers 55931, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Chau, Nancy H & Goto, Hideaki & Kanbur, Ravi, 2009. "Middlemen, Non-Profits and Poverty," CEPR Discussion Papers 7459, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Margaret S. McMillan & Dani Rodrik, 2011.
"Globalization, Structural Change and Productivity Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
17143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McMillan, Margaret & Rodrik, Dani, 2012. "Globalization, structural change, and productivity growth:," IFPRI discussion papers 1160, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pierluigi Montalbano & Rebecca Pietrelli & Luca Salvatici, 2017. "Market chain participation and food security: the case of the Ugandan maize farmers," Working Papers 2/17, Sapienza University of Rome, DISS.
- Garrido, Henrique & Vendeirinho, Vivian & Brito, M.C., 2016. "Feasibility of KUDURA hybrid generation system in Mozambique: Sensitivity study of the small-scale PV-biomass and PV-diesel power generation hybrid system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 47-57.
- Ludena, Carlos E. & Schuschny, Andres & de Miguel, Carlos & Duran Lima, Jose E., 2009. "Georeferenced Assessment of Trade Liberalization Effects on Agriculture in Ecuador," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50556, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cadot, Olivier & Dutoit, Laure & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2005.
"How Costly is it for Poor Farmers to Lift Themselves out of Subsistence?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5392, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Olivier Cadot & Laure Dutoit & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2005. "How Costly is it for Poor Farmers to Lift Themselves out of Subsistence?," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 05.09, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Jan Fałkowski & Agata Malak-Rawlikowska & Dominika Milczarek-Andrzejewska, 2013. "Determinants and Consequences of Participating in a Restructured Supply Chain: the Experience of the Dairy Sector in Poland," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 34.
- Guido G. Porto, 2008.
"Agro-Manufactured Export Prices, Wages and Unemployment,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(3), pages 748-764.
- Porto, Guido, 2008. "Agro-manufactured export prices, wages and unemployment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4489, The World Bank.
- Rose, Andrew K., 2004. "Do WTO members have more liberal trade policy?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 209-235.
- Lefèvre, Mélanie & Tharakan, Joe, 2011.
"Intermediaries, transport costs and interlinked transactions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8615, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- LEFÈVRE, Mélanie & THARAKAN, Joe & ,, 2013. "Intermediaries, transport costs and interlinked transactions," CORE Discussion Papers 2013055, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sandip Mitra & Dilip Mookherjee & Maximo Torero & Sujata Visaria, 2013. "Asymmetric Information and Middleman Margins: An Experiment with West Bengal Potato Farmers," Working Papers id:5545, eSocialSciences.
- Pranab Bardhan & Dilip Mookherjee & Masatoshi Tsumagari, 2013.
"Middlemen Margins and Globalization,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 81-119, November.
- Dilip Mookherjee & Pranab Bardhan & Masatoshi Tsumagari, 2011. "Middlemen Margins And Globalization," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2011-034, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Thierry Buchs, 2005. "Privatization in Sub-Saharan Africa: Some Lessons from Experiences to Date," Microeconomics 0502007, EconWPA.
- Sexton, Richard J. & Sheldon, Ian M. & McCorriston, Steve & Wang, Humei, 2004. "Analyzing Vertical Market Structure And Its Implications For Trade Liberalization," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20060, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hoque, Mainul Mohammad & Schroeter, John R., 2010. "Agricultural Trade Liberalization and Downstream Market Power: Some Extensions," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31390, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ronchi, Loraine, 2006. "Fairtrade and market failures in agricultural commodity markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4011, The World Bank.
- Mujawamariya, Gaudiose & Burger, Kees & D'Haese, Marijke F.C., 2012. "Behaviour and performance of traders in the gum arabic supply chain in Senegal: Investigating oligopsonistic myths," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126236, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- GÃ¶tz, Linde & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan & Kachel, Yael, 0. "Vertical Price Transmission in the International Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Supply Chain: Israeli Grapefruit Exports to the EU after Export Liberalisation," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 53.
- Alfieri, Andrea & Arndt, Channing & Cirera, Xavier, 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Mozambique," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48552, World Bank.
- Kopp, Thomas & Brummer, Bernhard, 2015. "Traders and Credit Constrained Farmers: Market Power along Indonesian Rubber Value Chains," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212012, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- O0 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - General
- O5 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:harjfk:rwp02-028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ksharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.