The Declining Relative Importance Of Ability In Predicting Educational Attainment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fernando Galindo-Rueda & Anna Vignoles, 2005. "The Declining Relative Importance of Ability in Predicting Educational Attainment," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(2).
References listed on IDEAS
- Harmon, Colm & Walker, Ian, 2000. "The Returns to the Quantity and Quality of Education: Evidence for Men in England and Wales," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(265), pages 19-35, February.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Gauthier Lanot, 2002. "The Relative Effect of Family Characteristics and Financial Situation on Educational Achievement," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 165-181.
- Robert Haveman & Barbara Wolfe, 1995. "The Determinants of Children's Attainments: A Review of Methods and Findings," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1829-1878, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:1:p:187-201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heineck Guido & Riphahn Regina T., 2009.
"Intergenerational Transmission of Educational Attainment in Germany – The Last Five Decades,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 229(1), pages 36-60, February.
- Guido Heineck & Regina T. Riphahn, 2007. "Intergenerational Transmission of Educational Attainment in Germany: The Last Five Decades," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 738, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guido Heineck & Regina T. Riphahn, 2007. "Intergenerational Transmission of Educational Attainment in Germany: The Last Five Decades," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 37, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Heineck, Guido & Riphahn, Regina T., 2007. "Intergenerational Transmission of Educational Attainment in Germany: The Last Five Decades," IZA Discussion Papers 2985, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andreou, Sofia N. & Koutsampelas, Christos, 2015. "Intergenerational mobility and equality of opportunity in higher education in Cyprus," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 80-87.
- Javier Valbuena, 2011. "Family background, gender and cohort effects on schooling decisions," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 6,in: Antonio Caparrós Ruiz (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 6, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 15, pages 258-290 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Perelman, Julian, 2014. "Are chronic diseases related to height? Results from the Portuguese National Health Interview Survey," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 56-66.
- Andrew Jones & Nigel Rice & Pedro Rosa Dias, 2012.
"Quality of schooling and inequality of opportunity in health,"
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 369-394, April.
- Jones, A & Rice, N & Rosa Dias, P, 2010. "Quality of Schooling and Inequality of Opportunity in Health," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 10/22, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Francesco Vona, 2011. "Does the Expansion of Higher Education Reduce Educational Inequality? Evidence from 12 European Countries," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2011-12, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Lutz Hendricks & Christopher Herrington & Todd Schoellman, 2016. "The Changing Roles of Family Income and Academic Ability for US College Attendance," Working Papers 1602, VCU School of Business, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2017.
- Alessandro Tampieri, 2016.
"Social background effects on school and job opportunities,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(5), pages 496-510, September.
- Alessandro Tampieri, 2009. "Social Background Effects on School and Job Opportunities," Discussion Papers in Economics 09/26, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Sep 2010.
- A. Tampieri, 2011. "Social Background Effects on School and Job Opportunities," Working Papers wp779, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Galindo-Rueda, Fernando & Vignoles, Anna, 2004.
"The Heterogeneous Effect of Selection in Secondary Schools: Understanding the Changing Role of Ability,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1245, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fernando Galindo-Rueda & Anna Vignoles, 2005. "The Heterogeneous Effect of Selection in Secondary Schools: Understanding the Changing Role of Ability," CEE Discussion Papers 0052, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Tania Oliveira, 2006. "Tuition fees and admission standards: how do public and private universities really compete for students?," Discussion Papers in Economics 06/6, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Pedro Rosa Dias, 2010. "Modelling opportunity in health under partial observability of circumstances," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 252-264.
- Lindley, Joanne & McIntosh, Steven, 2015.
"Growth in within graduate wage inequality: The role of subjects, cognitive skill dispersion and occupational concentration,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 101-111.
- Joanne Lindley & Steven McIntosh, 2014. "Growth in Within Graduate Wage Inequality: The Role of Subjects, Cognitive Skill Dispersion and Occupational Concentration," Working Papers 2014001, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Lindsey Macmillan, 2013. "The role of non-cognitive and cognitive skills, behavioural and educational outcomes in accounting for the intergenerational transmission of worklessness," DoQSS Working Papers 13-01, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Regina Riphahn & Florian Schieferdecker, 2012.
"The transition to tertiary education and parental background over time,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 635-675, January.
- Regina Riphahn & Florian Schieferdecker, 2008. "The Transition to Tertiary Education and Parental Background over Time," Working Papers 063, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Andrew Jones & John Roemer & Pedro Rosa Dias, 2014.
"Equalising opportunities in health through educational policy,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 43(3), pages 521-545, October.
- Jones, A. M. & Roemer, J. E. & Rosa Dias, P., 2013. "Equalising Opportunities in Health Through Educational Policy," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 13/29, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- John V. Nye & Maksym Bryukhanov & Sergiy Polyachenko, 2016. "2d:4d and Lifetime Educational Outcomes: Evidence from the Russian RLMS Survey," HSE Working papers WP BRP 145/EC/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Paolo Li Donni & Juan Rodríguez & Pedro Rosa Dias, 2015. "Empirical definition of social types in the analysis of inequality of opportunity: a latent classes approach," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 44(3), pages 673-701, March.
- Javier Valbuena, 2011. "Family Background, Gender and Cohort Effects on Schooling Decisions," Studies in Economics 1114, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Fernando Galindo-Rueda & Oscar Marcenaro-Gutierrez & Anna Vignoles, 2004.
"The Widening Socio-Economic Gap in UK Higher Education,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 190(1), pages 75-88, October.
- Fernando Galindo-Rueda & Oscar Marcenaro & Anna Vignoles, 2004. "The Widening Socio-Economic Gap in UK Higher Education," CEE Discussion Papers 0044, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Anirban Basu & Andrew M. Jones & Pedro Rosa Dias, 2014. "The Roles of Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Skills in Moderating the Effects of Mixed-Ability Schools on Long-Term Health," NBER Working Papers 20811, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rita Asplund & Oussama Ben Adbelkarim & Ali Skalli, 2008.
"An equity perspective on access to, enrolment in and finance of tertiary education,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 261-274.
- Asplund, Rita & Ben-Abdelkarim, Oussama & Skalli, Ali, 2007. "An Equity Perspective on Access to, Enrolment in and Finance of Tertiary Education," Discussion Papers 1098, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Gonzalo Olcina Vauteren & Luisa Escriche, 2006. "Education And Family Income: Can Poor Children Signal Their Talent?," Working Papers. Serie AD 2006-20, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- O. D. Marcenaro-Gutierrez & M. Luque & L. A. Lopez-Agudo, 2016. "Balancing Teachers’ Math Satisfaction and Other Indicators of the Education System’s Performance," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 129(3), pages 1319-1348, December.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:ac2004:40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .