Does Money Buy Happiness? A Longitudinal Study Using Data on Windfalls
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Geeta G. Kingdon & John Knight, 2003.
"Well-being poverty versus income poverty and capabilities poverty?,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2003-16, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Geeta Kingdon & John Knight, 2004. "Well-being poverty versus income poverty and capabilities poverty?," Development and Comp Systems 0409040, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tangian, Andranik S., 2005. "A composite indicator of working conditions in the EU-15 for policy monitoring and analytical purposes," WSI Working Papers 135, The Institute of Economic and Social Research (WSI), Hans-Böckler-Foundation.
- Namkee Ahn & Juan Ramón García, "undated". "Job Satisfaction in Europe," Working Papers 2004-16, FEDEA.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Alessandra Pelloni, 2013.
"What are we learning from the life satisfaction literature?,"
International Review of Economics,
Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 60(2), pages 113-155, June.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Alessandra Pelloni, "undated". "What are we learning from the life satisfaction literature?," Working Papers 2, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Alessandra Pelloni, 2010. "What are we learning from the life satisfaction literature?," Econometica Working Papers wp20, Econometica.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Pelloni , Alessandra, 2010. "What are we learning from the life satisfaction literature?," AICCON Working Papers 76-2010, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Ed Diener & Robert Biswas-Diener, 2002. "Will Money Increase Subjective Well-Being?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 57(2), pages 119-169, February.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 2004. "Money, Sex and Happiness: An Empirical Study," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 106(3), pages 393-415, October.
- Böhnke, Petra & Kohler, Ulrich, 2008.
"Well-being and inequality,"
Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Inequality and Social Integration
SP I 2008-201, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Mark Lutter, 2007. "Book Review: Winning a lottery brings no happiness!," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 155-160, March.
- Gardner, Jonathan & Oswald, Andrew J., 2007. "Money and mental wellbeing: A longitudinal study of medium-sized lottery wins," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 49-60, January.
- Gardner, Jonathan & Oswald, Andrew J., 2006. "Money and Mental Wellbeing : A Longitudinal Study of Medium-Sized Lottery Wins," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 754, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Gardner, Jonathan & Oswald, Andrew J., 2006. "Money and Mental Wellbeing: A Longitudinal Study of Medium-Sized Lottery Wins," Economic Research Papers 269647, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Gardner, Jonathan & Oswald, Andrew J., 2006. "Money and Mental Wellbeing: A Longitudinal Study of Medium-Sized Lottery Wins," IZA Discussion Papers 2233, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Maximo Rossi & Marisa Bucheli, 2004. "The level of satisfaction with life: evidence gathered among women from Greater Montevideo," Microeconomics 0407012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eduardo Lora & Andrew Powell, 2011. "A New Way of Monitoring the Quality of Urban Life," WIDER Working Paper Series 012, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Lora, Eduardo & Powell, Andrew, 2011. "A New Way of Monitoring the Quality of Urban Life," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3806, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Lora & Andrew Powell, 2011. "A New Way of Monitoring the Quality of Urban Life," Research Department Publications 4729, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Stefan Boes & Rainer Winkelmann, 2004. "Income and Happiness: New Results from Generalized Threshold and Sequential Models," SOI - Working Papers 0407, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Boes, Stefan & Winkelmann, Rainer, 2004. "Income and Happiness: New Results from Generalized Threshold and Sequential Models," IZA Discussion Papers 1175, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Geeta Gandhi Kingdon & John Knight, 2006. "Subjective well-being poverty vs. Income poverty and capabilities poverty?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(7), pages 1199-1224.
- Di Tella, Rafael & MacCulloch, Robert, 2008. "Gross national happiness as an answer to the Easterlin Paradox?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 22-42, April.
- Rafael Di Tella & Robert MacCulloch, 2005. "Gross National Happiness as an Answer to the Easterlin Paradox?," Macroeconomics 0504027, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2004. "Subjective Outcomes in Economics," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 2-11, July.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A. & Grimani, Aikaterini, 2011. "The relationship between absence from work and job satisfaction: Greece and UK comparisons," MPRA Paper 30990, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Binder, Martin & Broekel, Tom, 2008. "Conversion Efficiency as a Complementing Measure of Welfare in Capability Space," MPRA Paper 7583, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rafael Di Tella & Robert MacCulloch, 2008. "Happiness Adaptation to Income beyond "Basic Needs"," NBER Working Papers 14539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eduardo Pérez-Asenjo, 2011. "If happiness is relative, against whom do we compare ourselves? Implications for labour supply," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 1411-1442, October.
- Martin Binder & Alex Coad, 2009. "An Examination of the Dynamics of Happiness Using Vector Autoregressions," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-04, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:ac2002:81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.