The Constitutional Creation of a Common Currency in the U.S., 1748-1811: Monetary Stabilization versus Merchant Rent Seeking
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Farley Grubb, 2006. "Benjamin Franklin and Colonial Money: A Reply to Michener and Wrightâ€”Yet Again," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 3(3), pages 484-510, September.
- Farley W. Grubb, 2005. "State "Currencies" and the Transition to the U.S. Dollar: Reply—Including a New View from Canada," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1341-1348, September.
- Ronald W. Michener & Robert E. Wright, 2006. "Miscounting Money of Colonial America," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 3(1), pages 4-44, January.
- Peter L. Rousseau, 2010.
"Monetary Policy and the Dollar,"
NBER Chapters,in: Founding Choices: American Economic Policy in the 1790s, pages 121-149
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter L. Rousseau, 2009. "Monetary Policy and the Dollar," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0913, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Peter L. Rousseau, 2009. "Monetary Policy and the Dollar," NBER Working Papers 14993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald W. Michener & Robert E. Wright, 2006. "Farley Grubbâ€™s Noisy Evasions on Colonial Money: A Rejoinder," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 3(2), pages 251-274, May.
- Farley Grubb, 2006. "Theory, Evidence, and Beliefâ€”The Colonial Money Puzzle Revisited: Reply to Michener and Wright," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 3(1), pages 45-72, January.
More about this item
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2005-09-29 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2005-09-29 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2005-09-29 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2005-09-29 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dlw:wpaper:04-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Saul Hoffman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deudeus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .