An Estimation of CPI Biases in Argentina 1985-2005, and its Implications on Real Income Growth and Income Distribution
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pablo Gluzmann & Federico Sturzenegger, 2018. "An estimation of CPI biases in Argentina 1985–2005 and its implications on real income growth and income distribution," Latin American Economic Review, Springer;Centro de Investigaciòn y Docencia Económica (CIDE), vol. 27(1), pages 1-50, December.
- Gluzmann, Pablo & Sturzenegger, Federico, 2009. "An Estimation of CPI Biases in Argentina 1985-2005, and its Implications on Real Income Growth and Income Distribution," MPRA Paper 42930, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gluzmann, Pablo & Sturzenegger, Federico, 2010. "An Estimation of CPI Biases in Argentina 1985-2005, and its Implications on Real Income Growth and Income Distribution," MPRA Paper 42950, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diewert, W. Erwin & Greenlees, John & Hulten, Charles R. (ed.), 2010. "Price Index Concepts and Measurement," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 0, number 9780226148557.
- Altimir, Oscar & Beccaría, Luis Alberto & González Rozada, Martín, 2002. "La distribución del ingreso en Argentina, 1974-2000," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Filho, Irineu de Carvalho & Chamon, Marcos, 2012.
"The myth of post-reform income stagnation: Evidence from Brazil and Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 368-386.
- Irineu E de Carvalho Filho & Marcos Chamon, 2008. "The Myth of Post-Reform Income Stagnation; Evidence from Brazil and Mexico," IMF Working Papers 08/197, International Monetary Fund.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu & Chamon, Marcos, 2011. "The myth of post-reform income stagnation: Evidence from Brazil and Mexico," MPRA Paper 28532, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dora L. Costa, 2001. "Estimating Real Income in the United States from 1888 to 1994: Correcting CPI Bias Using Engel Curves," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(6), pages 1288-1310, December.
- Yatchew, A., 1997. "An elementary estimator of the partial linear model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 135-143, December.
- Irineu E de Carvalho Filho & Marcos Chamon, 2006. "The Myth of Post-Reform Income Stagnation in Brazil," IMF Working Papers 06/275, International Monetary Fund.
- Bruce W. Hamilton, 2001. "Using Engel's Law to Estimate CPI Bias," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 619-630, June.
More about this item
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-03 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dls:wpaper:0087. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Pacheco). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/funlpar.html .