Fuzzy Differences in Differences
A large part of the term structure literature interprets one of the under-lying factors as a level factor. In this paper we consider a single factor modelinterpretable as a level factor model. We prove that this model is compat-ible with no-arbitrage restrictions and the positivity of rates under ratherunrealistic conditions on the dynamic of the short term interest rate. Thisintroduces some doubt on the relevance of the level interpretation of a factorin term structure models.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01 41 17 60 81
Web page: http://www.crest.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Battistin, Erich & Rettore, Enrico, 2008. "Ineligibles and eligible non-participants as a double comparison group in regression-discontinuity designs," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 715-730, February.
- Jorg Stoye, 2009.
"More on Confidence Intervals for Partially Identified Parameters,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(4), pages 1299-1315, 07.
- Jörg Stoye, 2008. "More on confidence intervals for partially identified parameters," CeMMAP working papers CWP11/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Field, Erica Marie, 2005. "Property Rights and Investment in Urban Slums," Scholarly Articles 3634150, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Evans, William N. & Ringel, Jeanne S., 1999.
"Can higher cigarette taxes improve birth outcomes?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 135-154, April.
- William N. Evans & Jeanne S. Ringel, 1997. "Can Higher Cigarette Taxes Improve Birth Outcomes?," NBER Working Papers 5998, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Aimee Chin, 2004. "Language Skills and Earnings: Evidence from Childhood Immigrants," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 481-496, May.
- Erica Field, 2005. "Property Rights and Investment in Urban Slums," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 279-290, 04/05.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpaper:2010-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.