The Paradox of Competence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hans Gersbach & Oriana Ponta, 2017.
"Unraveling short- and farsightedness in politics,"
Springer, vol. 170(3), pages 289-321, March.
- Hans Gersbach & Oriana Ponta, 2012. "Unraveling Short- and Farsightedness in Politics," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 12/158, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Gersbach, Hans & Ponta, Oriana, 2013. "Unraveling Short- and Farsightedness in Politics," CEPR Discussion Papers 9314, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Markussen & Jean-Robert Tyran, 2010. "Serving the Public Interest," NRN working papers 2010-21, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Markus Müller, 2007. "Motivation of politicians and long-term policies," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 132(3), pages 273-289, September.
More about this item
Keywordsdouble-sided asymmetric information; paradox of competence; polls; populists; statesmen;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2004-06-13 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EVO-2004-06-13 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2004-06-13 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:4362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .