Stronger measures of higher-order risk attitudes
This paper aims to extend the results by Ross (1981)  and by Modica and Scarsini (2005)  to stochastic dominance of degree 4 and over. Specifically, it is shown that Ross' approach can be extended to any order of risk attitude beyond the generalization proposed by Modica and Scarsini by means of sth degree increase in risk defined by Ekern (1980) .
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:|
|Note:||In : Journal of Economic Theory, 145(5), 2027, 2036, 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Modica, Salvatore & Scarsini, Marco, 2005. "A note on comparative downside risk aversion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 267-271, June.
- Marco Scarsini & Salvatore Modica, 2005. "A note on comparative downside risk aversion," Post-Print hal-00539126, HAL.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Schlesinger, Harris & Tsetlin, Ilia, 2009. "Apportioning of risks via stochastic dominance," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 144(3), pages 994-1003, May.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHELSINGER, Harris & TSETLIN, Ilia, "undated". "Apportioning of risks via stochastic dominance," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2096, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- H. Schlesinger & L. Eeckhoudt & I. Tsetlin, 2009. "Apportioning of risks via stochastic dominance," Post-Print hal-00567952, HAL.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger & Ilia Tsetlin, 2008. "Apportioning of Risks via Stochastic Dominance," CESifo Working Paper Series 2467, CESifo Group Munich.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger, 2006. "Putting Risk in Its Proper Place," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 280-289, March.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHLESINGER, Harris, "undated". "Putting risk in its proper place," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1871, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger, 2005. "Putting Risk in its Proper Place," CESifo Working Paper Series 1462, CESifo Group Munich.
- L. Eeckhoudt & H. Schlesinger, 2006. "Putting risk in its proper place," Post-Print hal-00283170, HAL.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1981. "Some Stronger Measures of Risk Aversion in the Small and the Large with Applications," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 621-638, May.
- Caballe, Jordi & Pomansky, Alexey, 1996. "Mixed Risk Aversion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 485-513, November.
- Caballé, Jordi & Pomansky, Alexey, 1995. "Mixed Risk Aversion," Working Paper Series 444, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Michel Denuit & Claude Lefèvre & Marco Scarsini, 2001. "On S-Convexity and Risk Aversion," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 239-248, May.
- Marco Scarsini & Michel Denuit & Claude Lefevre, 2001. "On S-convexity and risk aversion," Post-Print hal-00540202, HAL.
- Ekern, Steinar, 1980. "Increasing Nth degree risk," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 329-333.
- Menezes, C & Geiss, C & Tressler, J, 1980. "Increasing Downside Risk," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 921-932, December.
- Li, Jingyuan, 2009. "Comparative higher-degree Ross risk aversion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 333-336, December.
- Jindapon, Paan & Neilson, William S., 2007. "Higher-order generalizations of Arrow-Pratt and Ross risk aversion: A comparative statics approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 719-728, September.
- Denuit, Michel & Vylder, Etienne De & Lefevre, Claude, 1999. "Extremal generators and extremal distributions for the continuous s-convex stochastic orderings," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 201-217, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvrp:2353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.