Stronger measures of higher-order risk attitudes
This paper aims to extend the results by Ross (1981)  and by Modica and Scarsini (2005)  to stochastic dominance of degree 4 and over. Specifically, it is shown that Ross' approach can be extended to any order of risk attitude beyond the generalization proposed by Modica and Scarsini by means of sth degree increase in risk defined by Ekern (1980) .
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||In : Journal of Economic Theory, 145(5), 2027, 2036, 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caballé, Jordi & Pomansky, Alexey, 1995.
"Mixed Risk Aversion,"
Working Paper Series
444, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger & Ilia Tsetlin, 2008.
"Apportioning of Risks via Stochastic Dominance,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2467, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marco Scarsini & Michel Denuit & Claude Lefevre, 2001.
"On S-convexity and risk aversion,"
- Li, Jingyuan, 2009. "Comparative higher-degree Ross risk aversion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 333-336, December.
- Ekern, Steinar, 1980. "Increasing Nth degree risk," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 329-333.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHLESINGER, Harris, .
"Putting risk in its proper place,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1871, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Menezes, C & Geiss, C & Tressler, J, 1980. "Increasing Downside Risk," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 921-32, December.
- Denuit, Michel & Vylder, Etienne De & Lefevre, Claude, 1999. "Extremal generators and extremal distributions for the continuous s-convex stochastic orderings," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 201-217, May.
- Marco Scarsini & Salvatore Modica, 2005.
"A note on comparative downside risk aversion,"
- Ross, Stephen A, 1981. "Some Stronger Measures of Risk Aversion in the Small and the Large with Applications," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 621-38, May.
- Jindapon, Paan & Neilson, William S., 2007. "Higher-order generalizations of Arrow-Pratt and Ross risk aversion: A comparative statics approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 719-728, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvrp:2353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.