Is remoteness a locational disadvantage?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adolfo Cristobal-Campoamor & Osiris Parcero, 2013.
"Behind the Eastern–Western European convergence path: the role of geography and trade liberalization,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 51(3), pages 871-891, December.
- Adolfo Cristobal-Campoamor & Osiris Jorge Parcero, 2011. "Behind the Eastern-Western European convergence path: the role of geography and trade liberalization," Working Papers 1112, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Rhydian James & Peter Midmore & Dennis Thomas, 2012. "Public Sector Size and Peripherality," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 447-460, December.
- Zeng, Dao-Zhi & Zhao, Laixun, 2010.
"Globalization, interregional and international inequalities,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 352-361, May.
- Dao-Zhi Zeng & Laixun Zhao, 2007. "Globalization, Interregional and International Inequalities," Discussion Paper Series 209, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Tsubota, Kenmei & Kawasaki, Yujiro, 2011. "Myopic or farsighted : bilateral trade agreements among three symmetric countries," IDE Discussion Papers 274, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Corinne Bagoulla & Emmanuelle Chevassus-Lozza & Karine Daniel & Carl Gaigné, 2010.
"Regional Production Adjustment to Import Competition: Evidence from the French Agro-Industry,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1040-1050.
- Corinne Bagoulla & Emmanuelle Chevassus-Lozza & Karine Daniel & Carl Gaigné, 2010. "Regional production adjustment to import competition: evidence from the French agro-industry," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 10-01, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Kyoko Hirose & Yushi Yoshida, 2012. "Intra-National Regional Heterogeneity in International Trade: Foreign Growth on Exports and Production of Domestic Regions," Discussion Papers 54, Kyushu Sangyo University, Faculty of Economics.
- Pierre M. Picard & Dao‐Zhi Zeng, 2010. "A Harmonization Of First And Second Natures," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(5), pages 973-994, December.
- Kyoko Hirose & Yushi Yoshida, 2010. "Intra-National Regional Heterogeneity in International Trade," Discussion Papers 42, Kyushu Sangyo University, Faculty of Economics.
- Jian Wang & Xiao-Ping Zheng, 2013. "Industrial Agglomeration: Asymmetry Of Regions And Trade Costs," Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 61-78, July.
- Miren Lafourcade & Jacques-François Thisse, 2011.
"New Economic Geography: The Role of Transport Costs,"
Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 4
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- LAFOURCADE, Miren & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2011. "New economic geography: the role of transport costs," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2368, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Miren Lafourcade & Jacques-François Thisse, 2011. "New Economic Geography: The Role of Transport Costs," Post-Print halshs-00754799, HAL.
- Behrens, Kristian & Gaigne, Carl & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2007.
"Countries, regions and trade: On the welfare impacts of economic integration,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 1277-1301, July.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & GAIGNE, Carl & OTTAVIANO, Gianmarco I.P. & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2007. "Countries, regions and trade: on the welfare impacts of economic integration," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1936, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kristian Behrens & Carl Gaigné & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano & Jacques-François Thisse, 2007. "Countries, regions and trade: On the welfare impacts of economic integration," Post-Print halshs-00754213, HAL.
- César Ducruet & Hidekazu Itoh & Olivier Joly, 2015. "Ports and the local embedding of commodity flows," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(3), pages 607-627, August.
- Adam Storeygard, 2016.
"Farther on down the Road: Transport Costs, Trade and Urban Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 83(3), pages 1263-1295.
- Storeygard, Adam, 2013. "Farther on down the road : transport costs, trade and urban growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6444, The World Bank.
- Adam Storeygard, 2014. "Farther on Down the Road: Transport Costs, Trade and Urban Growth in sub-Saharan Africa," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0781, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- repec:bla:ijethy:v:13:y:2017:i:1:p:113-145 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cazzuffi, Chiara & Pereira-López, Mariana & Soloaga, Isidro, 2017.
"Local poverty reduction in Chile and Mexico: The role of food manufacturing growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 160-185.
- Isidro Soloaga & Chiara Cazzuffi & Mariana Pereira, 2014. "Local poverty reduction in Chile and Mexico: The role of food manufacturing growth," Working Papers 0514, Universidad Iberoamericana, Department of Economics.
- Cazzuffi, Chiara & Lopex, Mariana & Soloaga, Isidro, 2015. "Local poverty reduction in Chile and Mexico: The role of food manufacturing growth," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211449, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- A. Kerem Co?ar & Pablo D. Fajgelbaum, 2016.
"Internal Geography, International Trade, and Regional Specialization,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 24-56, February.
- A. Kerem Coşar & Pablo D. Fajgelbaum, 2013. "Internal Geography, International Trade, and Regional Specialization," NBER Working Papers 19697, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernando Bruna, 2015.
"Why do empirical tests tend to accept the NEG? An alternative approach to the 'wage equation' in European regions,"
15-11, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Fernando Bruna, 2015. "Why do empirical tests tend to accept the NEG? ? An alternative approach to the 'wage equation' in European regions," ERSA conference papers ersa15p1234, European Regional Science Association.
- Kiyohiro Ikeda & Kazuo Murota & Takashi Akamatsu & Yuki Takayama, 2017.
"Agglomeration patterns in a long narrow economy of a new economic geography model: Analogy to a racetrack economy,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 13(1), pages 113-145, March.
- IKEDA Kiyohiro & MUROTA Kazuo & AKAMATSU Takashi & TAKAYAMA Yuki, 2016. "Agglomeration Patterns in a Long Narrow Economy of a New Economic Geography Model: Analogy to a racetrack economy," Discussion papers 16018, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- repec:nea:journl:y:2017:i:34:p:94-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- PICARD, Pierre M. & ZENG, Dao-Zhi, 2006. "Industrial location : a synthesis of Chamberlin and Ricardo," CORE Discussion Papers 2006055, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Miren Lafourcade & Elisenda Paluzie, 2008. "European integration, FDI and the geography of French trade," Working Papers halshs-00586834, HAL.
- Miren Lafourcade & Jacques-François Thisse, 2008. "New economic geography: A guide to transport analysis," Working Papers halshs-00586878, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvrp:1905. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.