A General Framework for Frontier Estimation with Panel Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kneip, A. & Simar, L., 1996. "A general framework for frontier estimation with panel data," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1224, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Benveniste, L M & Scheinkman, J A, 1979. "On the Differentiability of the Value Function in Dynamic Models of Economics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 727-732, May.
- Abel, Andrew B & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1991.
"Fiscal Policy with Impure Intergenerational Altruism,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1687-1711, November.
- Andrew B. Abel & B. Douglas Bernheim, 1988. "Fiscal Policy With Impure Intergenerational Altruism," NBER Working Papers 2613, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mirman, Leonard J. & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1975. "On optimal growth under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 329-339, December.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Oded Galor & Joseph Zeira, 1993. "Income Distribution and Macroeconomics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 35-52.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985. "Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-247, April.
- Rao Aiyagari, S., 1989.
"Equilibrium existence in an overlapping generations model with altruistic preferences,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 130-152, February.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1987. "Equilibrium existence in an overlapping generations model with altruistic preferences," Working Papers 356, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Laitner, John, 1992. "Random earnings differences, lifetime liquidity constraints, and altruistic intergenerational transfers," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 135-170, December.
- Loury, Glenn C, 1981. "Intergenerational Transfers and the Distribution of Earnings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 843-867, June.
- Andreoni, James, 1989. "Giving with Impure Altruism: Applications to Charity and Ricardian Equivalence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1447-1458, December.
- Laitner, John, 1993. "Long-run equilibria with borrowing constraints and altruism," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 65-96.
- Jones, Larry E & Manuelli, Rodolfo E, 1990. "A Convex Model of Equilibrium Growth: Theory and Policy Implications," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 1008-1038, October.
- Huggett, Mark, 1996. "Wealth distribution in life-cycle economies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 469-494, December.
- Zvi Eckstein & Martin S. Eichenbaum & Dan Peled, 1985. "The Distribution of Wealth and Welfare in the Presence of Incomplete Annuity Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(3), pages 789-806.
- Muller, Walter III & Woodford, Michael, 1988. "Determinacy of equilibrium in stationary economies with both finite and infinite lived consumers," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 255-290, December.
- Abel, Andrew B, 1985. "Precautionary Saving and Accidental Bequests," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 777-791, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"A general methodology for bootstrapping in non-parametric frontier models,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(6), pages 779-802.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "A General Methodology for Bootstrapping in Nonparametric Frontier Models," Papers 9811, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Léopold Simar, 2007.
"How to improve the performances of DEA/FDH estimators in the presence of noise?,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 183-201, December.
- Simar, Léopold, 2003. "How to Improve the Performances of DEA/FDH Estimators in the Presence of Noise?," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2003,33, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Tran, Kien C. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2009. "Estimation of nonparametric inefficiency effects stochastic frontier models with an application to British manufacturing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 904-909, September.
- Qian, Junhui & Wang, Le, 2012.
"Estimating semiparametric panel data models by marginal integration,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 167(2), pages 483-493.
- Qian, Junhui & Wang, Le, 2009. "Estimating Semiparametric Panel Data Models by Marginal Integration," MPRA Paper 18850, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Léopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2011.
"Stochastic FDH/DEA estimators for frontier analysis,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 1-20, August.
- Leopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2008. "Stochastic FDH/DEA estimators for Frontier Analysis," Discussion Papers 8, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Mark Andor & Frederik Hesse, "undated". "The StoNED age: The Departure Into a New Era of Efficiency Analysis? An MC study Comparing StoNED and the "Oldies" (SFA and DEA)," Working Papers 201285, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2012.
"When, where and how to perform efficiency estimation,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 175(4), pages 863-892, October.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2011. "When, where and how to perform efficiency estimation," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 02-06, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Badunenko, Oleg & Henderson, Daniel J. & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2011. "When, Where and How to Perform Efficiency Estimation," IZA Discussion Papers 5997, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Badunenko, Oleg & Henderson, Daniel J. & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2011. "When, where and how to perform efficiency estimation," MPRA Paper 33467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel J. Henderson, 2009.
"A Non-parametric Examination of Capital-Skill Complementarity,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 71(4), pages 519-538, August.
- Henderson, Daniel J., 2008. "A Nonparametric Examination of Capital-Skill Complementarity," IZA Discussion Papers 3865, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cheng, Ming-Yen & Hall, Peter, 2006. "Methods for tracking support boundaries with corners," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(8), pages 1870-1893, September.
- Ferjani, Ali, 2005. "Does Switzerland Have a Productivity Problem?," Agrarwirtschaft und Agrarsoziologie/ Economie et Sociologie Rurales, Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, issue 1.
- Zhou, Xianbo & Li, Kui-Wai & Li, Qin, 2011.
"An analysis on technical efficiency in post-reform China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 357-372, September.
- Zhou, Xianbo & Li, Kui-Wai & Li, Qin, 2010. "An Analysis on Technical Efficiency in Post-reform China," MPRA Paper 41034, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kortelainen, Mika, 2008. "Estimation of semiparametric stochastic frontiers under shape constraints with application to pollution generating technologies," MPRA Paper 9257, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 2015. "Statistical Approaches for Non-parametric Frontier Models: A Guided Tour," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 83(1), pages 77-110, April.
- Dieter Gstach, 1996. "A new approach to stochastic frontier estimation: DEA+," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp039, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Morteza Haghiri & James Nolan & Kien Tran, 2004. "Assessing the impact of economic liberalization across countries: a comparison of dairy industry efficiency in Canada and the USA," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(11), pages 1233-1243.
- Andor, Mark & Hesse, Frederik, 2012. "The StoNED age: The departure into a new era of efficiency analysis? An MC study comparing StoNED and the "oldies" (SFA and DEA)," CAWM Discussion Papers 60, University of Münster, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM).
- William C. Horrace & Peter Schmidt, 2002. "Confidence Statements for Efficiency Estimates from Stochastic Frontier Models," Econometrics 0206006, EconWPA.
- Bellio, Ruggero & Grassetti, Luca, 2011. "Semiparametric stochastic frontier models for clustered data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 71-83, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:1995060. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.