Cointegration Vector Estimation By Dols For A Three-Dimensional Panel
This paper extends the asymptotic results of the dynamic ordinary least squares (DOLS) cointegration vector estimator of Mark and Sul (2003) to a three-dimensional panel. We use a balanced panel of N and M lengths observed over T time periods. The cointegration vector is homogenous across individuals but we allow for individual heterogeneity using different short-run dynamics, individual-specific fixed effects and individual-specific time trends. Both individual effects are considered for the first two dimensions. We also model some degree of cross-sectional dependence using time-specific effects.This paper was motivated by the three-dimensional panel cointegration analysis used to estimate the total factor productivity for Colombian regions and sectors during 1975-2000 by Iregui, Melo and Ram´ırez (2007). They used the methodology proposed by Marrocu, Paci and Pala (2000); however, hypothesis testing is not valid under this technique. The methodology we are currently proposing allows us to estimate the long-run relationship and to construct asymptotically valid test statistics in the 3D-panel context.
|Date of creation:||17 Dec 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:etheor:v:7:y:1991:i:1:p:1-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. Pala & E. Marrocu & R. Paci, 2000. "Estimation of total factor productivity for regions and sectors in Italy. A panel cointegration approach," Working Paper CRENoS 200016, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Kremers, Jeroen J M & Ericsson, Neil R & Dolado, Juan J, 1992.
"The Power of Cointegration Tests,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 325-348, August.
- Jeroen J. M. Kremers & Neil R. Ericsson & Juan J. Dolado, 1992. "The power of cointegration tests," International Finance Discussion Papers 431, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Mico Loretan, 1991. "Estimating Long-run Economic Equilibria," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 407-436.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Mico Loretan, 1989. "Estimating Long Run Economic Equilibria," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 928, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ana María Iregui & Luis Fernando Melo & María Teresa Ramírez, 2006. "Productividad Regional Y Sectorial En Colombia:Análisis Utilizando Datos De Panel," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003387, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Ana María Iregui B. & Luis Fernando Melo V. & María Teresa Ramírez G., 2006. "Productividad Regional y Sectorial en Colombia: Análisis utilizando datos de panel," Borradores de Economia 378, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993. "A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Banerjee, Anindya, et al, 1986. "Exploring Equilibrium Relationships in Econometrics through Static Models: Some Monte Carlo Evidence," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 253-277, August.
- Saikkonen, Pentti, 1991. "Asymptotically Efficient Estimation of Cointegration Regressions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 1-21, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000094:004391. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Clorith Angélica Bahos Olivera)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.