Una interpretación sobre el bajo crecimiento económico en México
Since 1982 the Mexican economy was characterized by the presence of low economic growth rates, this situation has caused a severe reduction in employment and thus the welfare of the Mexican population. Following a kaldorian’s framework of development we assume that the process of stagnation suffered by México, especially in recent years is explained by the lack of dynamism in the domestic manufacturing sector. The latter is attributed mainly to the current economic model, implemented in the late eighties, and its associated policies. If not corrected the current economic policy and implemented a strategic industrial policy, the economy will continue to be subject to a structural stagnation and recurrent crisis. The solution is to change the economic model, recognizing the importance of efficient markets and the state to promote economic growth and employment.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 2011|
|Date of revision:||09 Dec 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.estudiosregionales.orgEmail:
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: México|
Web: http://www.estudiosregionales.org Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Blecker, 2007.
"External Shocks, Structural Change, and Economic Growth in Mexico, 1979-2006,"
wp157, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Robert A. Blecker, 2008. "External Shocks, Structural Change, and Economic Growth in Mexico 1979–2006," Working Papers 2008-04, American University, Department of Economics.
- Martínez, Lorenza & Tornell, Aarón & Westermann, Frank, 2004. "Globalización, crecimiento y crisis financieras. Lecciones de México y del mundo en desarrollo," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(282), pages 251-351, abril-jun.
- Guerrero de Lizardi, Carlos, 2003. "Modelo de crecimiento económico restringido por la balanza de pagos. Evidencia para México, 1940-2000," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(278), pages 253-273, abril-jun.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 1983. "A Plain Man's Guide to Kaldor's Growth Laws," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 5(3), pages 345-358, April.
- Carlos Guerrero de Lizardi, 2006. "Thirlwall´s law with an emphasis on the ratio of export/import income elasticities in Latin American economies during the Twentieth Century," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 21(1), pages 23-44.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cjz:ca41cj:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ph.D. Isaac Leobardo Sánchez Juárez)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.