Strategic Asset Allocation, Asset Price Dynamics, and the Business Cycle
The main contribution of this work is to provide a dynamic general equilibrium model of asset allocation, allowing to reconcile economic theory with several puzzling contradictions recently pointed out in the literature: (i) the asset allocation puzzle, (ii) the observed timevariation in aggregate portfolio holdings and (iii) the occurrence of twin peaks in equity and house prices. In this approach, compared to the existing literature, the main difference stems from the fact that, in addition to consumption and dividends, both prices and portfolio decisions are allowed to be endogenously determined within a general equilibrium framework. Secondly, real estate is introduced into the analysis, labor supply is allowed to be endogenously determined and macroeconomic shocks are the main source of riskiness.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.SwissFinanceInstitute.ch|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Y. Campbell & Yeung Lewis Chan & Luis M. Viceira, 2001.
"A Multivariate Model of Strategic Asset Allocation,"
NBER Working Papers
8566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John Y. & Chan, Yeung Lewis & Viceira, Luis M., 2003. "A multivariate model of strategic asset allocation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 41-80, January.
- Campbell, John Y & Chan, Yeung Lewis & Viceira, Luis M, 2001. "A Multivariate Model of Strategic Asset Allocation," CEPR Discussion Papers 3070, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chan, Yeung Lewis & Viceira, Luis & Campbell, John, 2003. "A Multivariate Model of Strategic Asset Allocation," Scholarly Articles 3163263, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Michel Normandin & Pascal Saint-Amour, 2005.
"An Empirical Analysis of U.S. Aggregate Portfolio Allocations,"
Cahiers de recherche
05-02, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Michel Normandin & Pascal St-Amour, 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of U.S. Aggregate Portfolio Allocations," CIRANO Working Papers 2005s-07, CIRANO.
- Michel Normandin & Pascal St-Amour, 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of U.S. Aggregate Portfolio Allocations," Cahiers de recherche 0503, CIRPEE.
- Michel Normandin & Pascal St-Amour, 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of U.S. Aggregate Portfolio Allocations," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 05.03, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chf:rpseri:rp0719. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marilyn Barja)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.