Generation of Political Priority for Global Health Initiatives: A Framework and Case Study of Maternal Mortality
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baker, Phillip & Gill, Timothy & Friel, Sharon & Carey, Gemma & Kay, Adrian, 2017. "Generating political priority for regulatory interventions targeting obesity prevention: an Australian case study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 141-149.
- International Food Policy Research Institute, 2015. "Global Nutrition Report 2015: Actions and accountability to advance nutrition and sustainable development," IFPRI books, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), number 978-0-89629-883-5, September.
- Nisbett, Nicholas & Gillespie, Stuart & Haddad, Lawrence & Harris, Jody, 2014. "Why Worry About the Politics of Childhood Undernutrition?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 420-433.
- Spicer, Neil & Harmer, Andrew & Aleshkina, Julia & Bogdan, Daryna & Chkhatarashvili, Ketevan & Murzalieva, Gulgun & Rukhadze, Natia & Samiev, Arnol & Walt, Gill, 2011. "Circus monkeys or change agents? Civil society advocacy for HIV/AIDS in adverse policy environments," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(12), pages 1748-1755.
- Smith, Stephanie L. & Shiffman, Jeremy, 2016. "Setting the global health agenda: The influence of advocates and ideas on political priority for maternal and newborn survival," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 86-93.
- Bernstein, Alissa, 2017. "Personal and political histories in the designing of health reform policy in Bolivia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 231-238.
- Walls, Helen L. & Cornelsen, Laura & Lock, Karen & Smith, Richard D., 2016. "How much priority is given to nutrition and health in the EU Common Agricultural Policy?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 12-23.
- Koduah, Augustina & Agyepong, Irene Akua & van Dijk, Han, 2016. "‘The one with the purse makes policy’: Power, problem definition, framing and maternal health policies and programmes evolution in national level institutionalised policy making processes in Ghana," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 79-87.
- Smith, Stephanie L. & Neupane, Shailes, 2011. "Factors in health initiative success: Learning from Nepal's newborn survival initiative," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(4), pages 568-575, February.
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Dasmani, Isaac & Normanyo, Ametefee K., 2013.
"Optimum Fisheries Management Under Climate Variability: Evidence from Artisanal Marine Fishing in Ghana,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
052, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Dasmani, Isaac & Normanyo, Ametefee K., 2014. "Optimum fisheries management under climate variability: Evidence from artisanal marine fishing in Ghana," WIDER Working Paper Series 009, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ha, Bui Thi Thu & Green, Andrew & Gerein, Nancy & Danielsen, Katrine, 2010. "Health policy processes in Vietnam: A comparison of three maternal health case studies," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(2-3), pages 178-185, December.
- Stuart Gillespie & Mara van den Bold, 2016. "Stories of Change in Nutrition: A Tool Pool," Working Papers id:8225, eSocialSciences.
- Sandberg, Kristin Ingstad & Andresen, Steinar & Bjune, Gunnar, 2010. "A new approach to global health institutions? A case study of new vaccine introduction and the formation of the GAVI Alliance," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(7), pages 1349-1356, October.
- Harris, Patrick & Kent, Jennifer & Sainsbury, Peter & Thow, Anne Marie, 2016. "Framing health for land-use planning legislation: A qualitative descriptive content analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 42-51.
- Green, Andrew & Gerein, Nancy & Mirzoev, Tolib & Bird, Philippa & Pearson, Stephen & Anh, Le Vu & Martineau, Tim & Mukhopadhyay, Maitrayee & Qian, Xu & Ramani, K.V. & Soors, Werner, 2011. "Health policy processes in maternal health: A comparison of Vietnam, India and China," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 167-173.
- Smith, Stephanie L., 2014. "Political contexts and maternal health policy: Insights from a comparison of south Indian states," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 46-53.
- Mark Tomlinson & Crick Lund, 2012. "Why Does Mental Health Not Get the Attention It Deserves? An Application of the Shiffman and Smith Framework," Working Papers id:4819, eSocialSciences.
- Gillespie, Stuart & van den Bold, Mara, 2015. "Stories of change in nutrition: A tool pool:," IFPRI discussion papers 1494, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- te Lintelo, Dolf J.H. & Lakshman, Rajith W.D., 2015. "Equate and Conflate: Political Commitment to Hunger and Undernutrition Reduction in Five High-Burden Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 280-292.
- Balarajan, Yarlini & Reich, Michael R., 2016. "Political economy of child nutrition policy: A qualitative study of India’s Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) scheme," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 88-98.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Billings, Lucy, 2015. "The making of public investments: Champions, coordination, and characteristics of nutrition interventions:," IFPRI discussion papers 1479, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nisbett, Nicholas & Wach, Elise & Haddad, Lawrence & El Arifeen, Shams, 2015. "What drives and constrains effective leadership in tackling child undernutrition? Findings from Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India and Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 33-45.
More about this item
Keywordsglobal health; maternal mortality;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgd:wpaper:129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgdevus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.