Reduced incidence of admissions for myocardial infarction associated with public smoking ban: before and after study
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carmen Jan & Marcos Lee & Reina Roa & Víctor Herrera & Michael Politis & Jorge Motta, 2014. "The Association of Tobacco Control Policies and the Risk of Acute Myocardial Infarction Using Hospital Admissions Data," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(2), pages 1-6, February.
- Wolfgang H. Reichmuth & Samad Sarferaz, 2008. "The Influence of the Business Cycle on Mortality," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-059, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Sameem, Sediq, 2020. "Are U.S. lung cancer mortality rates converging?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 190-197.
- Kanaka D. Shetty & Thomas DeLeire & Chapin White & Jayanta Bhattacharya, 2011.
"Changes in U.S. hospitalization and mortality rates following smoking bans,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(1), pages 6-28, December.
- Kanaka D. Shetty & Thomas DeLeire & Chapin White & Jayanta Bhattacharya, 2009. "Changes in U.S. Hospitalization and Mortality Rates Following Smoking Bans," NBER Working Papers 14790, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bharadwaj, Prashant & Johnsen, Julian V. & Løken, Katrine V., 2014.
"Smoking bans, maternal smoking and birth outcomes,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 72-93.
- Bharadwaj, Prashant & Johnsen, Julian V. & Løken, Katrine V., 2012. "Smoking Bans, Maternal Smoking and Birth Outcomes," Working Papers in Economics 17/12, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Bharadwaj, Prashant & Johnsen, Julian V. & Loken, Katrine Vellesen, 2012. "Smoking Bans, Maternal Smoking and Birth Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 7006, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Adams, Scott & Cotti, Chad, 2008. "Drunk driving after the passage of smoking bans in bars," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1288-1305, June.
- Miaoqing Yang & Eugenio Zucchelli, 2015.
"The impact of public smoking bans on well-being externalities: evidence from a natural experiment,"
85310008, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Miaoqing Yang & Eugenio Zucchelli, 2015. "The Impact of Public Smoking Bans on Well-Being Externalities: Evidence From A Natural Experiment," Working Papers 150009, Canadian Centre for Health Economics.
- Daniel Kuehnle & Christoph Wunder, 2013.
"The effects of smoking bans on self-assessed health: evidence from Germany,"
140, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Daniel Kuehnle & Christoph Wunder, 2013. "The Effects of Smoking Bans on Self-Assessed Health: Evidence from Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 586, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Kelly, Brian C. & Vuolo, Mike & Frizzell, Laura C. & Hernandez, Elaine M., 2018. "Denormalization, smoke-free air policy, and tobacco use among young adults," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 211(C), pages 70-77.
- Origo Federica & Lucifora Claudio, 2013.
"The Effect of Comprehensive Smoking Bans in European Workplaces,"
Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Federica Origo & Claudio Lucifora, 2009. "The effect of comprehensive smoking bans in European workplaces," CHILD Working Papers wp10_09, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Origo, Federica & Lucifora, Claudio, 2010. "The Effect of Comprehensive Smoking Bans in European Workplaces," IZA Discussion Papers 5290, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fabrizio Mazzonna & Paola Salari, 2014. "Short term effects of public smoking bans on health," IdEP Economic Papers 1409, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Connolly, DMD, MPH, Gregory N & Carpenter, MS, Carrie & Alpert, ScM., BSc, Hillel R. & Skeer, MSW, MPH, Margie & Travers, Mark, 2005. "Evaluation of the Massachusetts Smoke-free Workplace Law," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt1zw4x02j, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Gregor Pfeifer & Mirjam Reutter & Kristina Strohmaier, 2020.
"Goodbye Smokers’ Corner: Health Effects of School Smoking Bans,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 55(3), pages 1068-1104.
- Pfeifer, Gregor & Reutter, Mirjam & Strohmaier, Kristina, 2017. "Goodbye smokers' corner: Health effects of school smoking bans," Ruhr Economic Papers 678, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Reichmann, Gerhard & Sommersguter-Reichmann, Margit, 2012. "The Austrian Tobacco Act in practice – Analysing the effectiveness of partial smoking bans in Austrian restaurants and bars," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 304-311.
- Fabrizio Mazzonna & Paola Salari, 2018. "Can a smoking ban save your heart?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(10), pages 1435-1449, October.
- Nykiforuk, Candace & Campbell, Sharon & Cameron, Roy & Brown, Stephen & Eyles, John, 2007. "Relationships between community characteristics and municipal smoke-free bylaw status and strength," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 358-368, February.
- Johannes Bendler & Sebastian Wagner & Tobias Brandt & Dirk Neumann, 2014. "Taming Uncertainty in Big Data," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 6(5), pages 279-288, October.
- Pryce, Robert, 2019. "The effect of the United Kingdom smoking ban on alcohol spending: Evidence from the Living Costs and Food Survey," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 123(10), pages 936-940.
- Wildman, John & Hollingsworth, Bruce, 2013. "Public smoking bans and self-assessed health: Evidence from Great Britain," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 209-212.
- Stefan Boes & Joachim Marti & Johanna Catherine Maclean, 2015. "The Impact of Smoking Bans on Smoking and Consumer Behavior: Quasi‐Experimental Evidence from Switzerland," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(11), pages 1502-1516, November.
- Daniel Kuehnle & Christoph Wunder, 2017. "The Effects of Smoking Bans on Self‐Assessed Health: Evidence from Germany," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(3), pages 321-337, March.
- Marco D. Huesch & Truls Østbye & Michael K. Ong, 2012. "Measuring The Effect Of Policy Interventions At The Population Level: Some Methodological Concerns," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(10), pages 1234-1249, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:ctcres:qt3276d6r6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: https://escholarship.org/uc/ctcre/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.