Aspiration Paradox in Indian Micro-Finance: A Difficulty and an Opportunity for Debate
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vani K. Borooah, 2005.
"Caste, Inequality, and Poverty in India,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, pages 399-414.
- Breen, R. & Garcia-Penalosa, C., 1999. "Income Inequality and Macroeconomic Volatility: an Empirical Investigation," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 99b11, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Breen, R. & Garcia-Penalosa, C., 1999. "Income Inequality and Macroeconomic Volatility: an Empirical Investigation," Economics Papers 1999-w20, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Manisha Chakrabarty, 2006.
"Earnings Inequality in India: Has the Rise of Caste and Religion Based Politics in India had an Impact?,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
819, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Chakrabarty, Manisha, 2006. "Earnings Inequality in India: Has the Rise of Caste and Religion Based Politics in India Had an Impact?," IZA Discussion Papers 2008, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Borooah, Vani & Dubey, Amaresh & Iyer, Sriya, 2007. "The Effectiveness of Jobs Reservation: Caste, Religion, and Economic Status in India," MPRA Paper 19421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- S. Mahendra Dev, 2008. "India," Chapters,in: Handbook on the South Asian Economies, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kijima, Yoko, 2006. "Caste and Tribe Inequality: Evidence from India, 1983-1999," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(2), pages 369-404, January.
- Ira N. Gang & Kunal Sen & Myeong-Su Yun, 2008. "Poverty In Rural India: Caste And Tribe," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, pages 50-70.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1998.
"Why Have Some Indian States Done Better Than Others at Reducing Rural Poverty?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 17-38, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Why have some Indian states done better than others at reducing rural poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1594, The World Bank.
- Ronald L. Oaxaca & Michael R. Ransom, 1999. "Identification in Detailed Wage Decompositions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, pages 154-157.
- Dubey, Amaresh & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis & Wadhwa, Wilima, 2001. "Occupational Structure and Incidence of Poverty in Indian Towns of Different Sizes," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, pages 49-59.
- Richard Palmer-Jones & Kunal Sen, 2003.
"What has luck got to do with it? A regional analysis of poverty and agricultural growth in rural India,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 1-31.
- Joyce, J.P. & Kamas, L., 1997. "Real and Nominal Determinants of Real Exchange Rates in Latin America: Short-Run Dynamics and Long-Run Equilibrium," Papers 97-05, Wellesley College - Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anurag Priyadarshee & Asad K. Ghalib, 2011. "The Andhra Pradesh microfinance crisis in India: manifestation, causal analysis, and regulatory response," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 15711, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Khan Eijaz Ahmed & Quaddus Mohammed, 2015. "Development and Validation of a Scale for Measuring Sustainability Factors of Informal Microenterprises – A Qualitative and Quantitative Approach," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, pages 347-372.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bwp:bwppap:4208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rowena Harding). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wpmanuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.