Monetary Space in Latin America: A Criterion to Regime Selection
This paper deals with a theoretical and empirical approach to analyze the selection of exchange rate/monetary regimes in emerging economies based on the “monetary space”, i.e. the framework where monetary policy should be developed. In turn, the monetary space was defined on the basis of four axes: fiscal dominance, external dominance, financial dominance and the size of the financial system.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (54-11) 4348-3582
Fax: (54-11) 4000-1257
Web page: http://www.bcra.gov.ar
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bofinger, Peter & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2003.
"Managed floating as a monetary policy strategy,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
20206, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Tsiang, S C, 1975. "The Dynamics of International Capital Flows and Internal and External Balance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 89(2), pages 195-214, May.
- Patterson, K D & Stephenson, M J, 1988. "Stock-Flow Consistent Accounting: A Macroeconomic Perspective," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(392), pages 787-800, September.
- Tobin, James, 1970. "Deposit Interest Ceilings as a Monetary Control," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 4-14, February.
- De Grauwe, Paul, 1982. "The exchange rate in a portfolio balance model with a banking sector," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 225-239, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bcr:wpaper:200727. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federico Grillo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.