Monetary Space in Latin America: A Criterion to Regime Selection
This paper deals with a theoretical and empirical approach to analyze the selection of exchange rate/monetary regimes in emerging economies based on the “monetary space”, i.e. the framework where monetary policy should be developed. In turn, the monetary space was defined on the basis of four axes: fiscal dominance, external dominance, financial dominance and the size of the financial system.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Reconquista 266 - C1003ABF - Buenos Aires|
Phone: (54-11) 4348-3582
Fax: (54-11) 4348-3794
Web page: http://www.bcra.gov.ar
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Bofinger & Timo Wollmershäuser, 2003.
"Managed Floating as a Monetary Policy Strategy,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 81-109, June.
- Bofinger, Peter & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2003. "Managed floating as a monetary policy strategy," Munich Reprints in Economics 20206, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- De Grauwe, Paul, 1982. "The exchange rate in a portfolio balance model with a banking sector," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 225-239, January.
- S. C. Tsiang, 1975. "The Dynamics of International Capital Flows and Internal and External Balance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 89(2), pages 195-214.
- Tobin, James, 1970. "Deposit Interest Ceilings as a Monetary Control," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 4-14, February.
- Patterson, K D & Stephenson, M J, 1988. "Stock-Flow Consistent Accounting: A Macroeconomic Perspective," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(392), pages 787-800, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bcr:wpaper:200727. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federico Grillo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.