The ratchet effect in a two lag setting and the mitigating influence of yardstick competition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Bradfield, 1990. "Long-run Equilibrium under Pure Monopsony," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(3), pages 700-704, August.
- Phimister, Euan, 2005.
"Urban effects on participation and wages: Are there gender differences?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 513-536, November.
- Phimister, Euan, 2004. "Urban Effects On Participation And Wages: Are There Gender Differences?," Discussion Papers 31789, University of Aberdeen Business School, Centre for European Labour Market Research (CELMR).
- Hugo Ñopo, 2008. "Matching as a Tool to Decompose Wage Gaps," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 290-299, May.
- Manning, Alan, 2011.
"Imperfect Competition in the Labor Market,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,
- Manning, Alan, 2010. "Imperfect competition in the labour market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28729, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Alan Manning, 2010. "Imperfect Competition in the Labour Market," CEP Discussion Papers dp0981, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1982. "A Robinsonian Approach to Discrimination," Munich Reprints in Economics 3351, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Paulo R.A. Loureiro & Francisco Galrão Carneiro & Adolfo Sachsida, 2004. "Race and gender discrimination in the labor market: an urban and rural sector analysis for Brazil," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(2), pages 129-143, May.
- Doris Weichselbaumer & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2005.
"A Meta-Analysis of the International Gender Wage Gap,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 479-511, July.
- Weichselbaumer, Doris & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2003. "A Meta-Analysis of the International Gender Wage Gap," IZA Discussion Papers 906, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Weichselbaumer, Doris & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2003. "A Meta-Analysis of the International Gender Wage Gap," Economics Series 143, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Doris Weichselbaumer & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2003. "A meta-analysis of the international gender wage gap," Economics working papers 2003-11, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Weichselbaumer, Doris & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2003. "A Meta-Analysis of the International Gender Wage Gap," CEPR Discussion Papers 4127, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bowlus, Audra J, 1997.
"A Search Interpretation of Male-Female Wage Differentials,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(4), pages 625-657, October.
- Bowlus, A.J., 1995. "A Search Interpretation of Male-Female Wage Differentials," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9504, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Altonji, Joseph G. & Blank, Rebecca M., 1999. "Race and gender in the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 48, pages 3143-3259 Elsevier.
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 2, number 9780226041162, March.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters,in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anne Busch & Elke Holst, 2008. ""Gender Pay Gap": in Großstädten geringer als auf dem Land," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 75(33), pages 462-468.
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Aderonke Osikominu & Robert Völter, 2006.
"Imputation Rules to Improve the Education Variable in the IAB Employment Subsample,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 126(3), pages 405-436.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Osikominu, Aderonke & Völter, Robert, 2005. "Imputation rules to improve the education variable in the IAB employment subsample," FDZ Methodenreport 200503_en, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Osikominu, Aderonke & Völter, Robert, 2005. "Imputation Rules to Improve the Education Variable in the IAB Employment Subsample," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-10, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000. "Gender Differences in Pay," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 75-99, Fall.
- Boris Hirsch, 2009. "The Gender Pay Gap Under Duopsony: Joan Robinson Meets Harold Hotelling," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 56(5), pages 543-558, November.
- Capozza, Dennis R & Van Order, Robert, 1978. "A Generalized Model of Spatial Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(5), pages 896-908, December.
- Bhaskar, V & To, Ted, 1999.
"Minimum Wages for Ronald McDonald Monopsonies: A Theory of Monopsonistic Competition,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(455), pages 190-203, April.
- V. Bhaskar & Ted To, 1996. "Minimum Wages for Ronald McDonald Monopsonies: A Theory of Monopsonistic Competition," Labor and Demography 9603001, EconWPA, revised 06 Aug 1998.
- Dragana Djurdjevic & Sergiy Radyakin, 2007.
"Decomposition of the Gender Wage Gap Using Matching: An Application for Switzerland,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 143(IV), pages 365-396, December.
- Djurdjevic, Dragana & Radyakin, Sergiy, 2005. "Decomposition of the gender wage gap using matching: an application for Switzerland," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 155, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Law and Economics.
- Dan A. Black & Amelia M. Haviland & Seth G. Sanders & Lowell J. Taylor, 2008. "Gender Wage Disparities among the Highly Educated," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(3), pages 630-659.
- Markus Frölich, 2007. "Propensity score matching without conditional independence assumption--with an application to the gender wage gap in the United Kingdom," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 10(2), pages 359-407, July.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, January.
- Helen Robinson, 2005.
"Regional evidence on the effect of the national minimum wage on the gender pay gap,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(7), pages 855-872.
- Robinson, Helen, 2003. "Regional evidence on the effect of the National Minimum Wage on the gender pay gap," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 176, Royal Economic Society.
- Joni Hersch & Leslie S. Stratton, 1997. "Housework, Fixed Effects, and Wages of Married Workers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(2), pages 285-307.
More about this item
Keywordsratchet effect; yardstick competition; regulation;
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bav:wpaper:025_brockmann. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dominique Lemmermann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vierlde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.