Financial ``Anti-Bubbles'': Log-Periodicity in Gold and Nikkei collapses
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- V. Filimonov & G. Demos & D. Sornette, 2017.
"Modified profile likelihood inference and interval forecast of the burst of financial bubbles,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(8), pages 1167-1186, August.
- Vladimir Filimonov & Guilherme Demos & Didier Sornette, 2016. "Modified Profile Likelihood Inference and Interval Forecast of the Burst of Financial Bubbles," Papers 1602.08258, arXiv.org.
- Vladimir Filimonov & Guilherme Demos & Didier Sornette, 2016. "Modified Profile Likelihood Inference and Interval Forecast of the Burst of Financial Bubbles," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 16-12, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Focardi, Sergio & Cincotti, Silvano & Marchesi, Michele, 2002. "Self-organization and market crashes," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 241-267, October.
- Wei-Xing Zhou & Didier Sornette, 2005. "Fundamental Factors versus Herding in the 2000-2005 US Stock Market and Prediction," Papers physics/0505079, arXiv.org.
- D. Sornette & A. Johansen, 2001. "Significance of log-periodic precursors to financial crashes," Papers cond-mat/0106520, arXiv.org.
- Ide, Kayo & Sornette, Didier, 2002. "Oscillatory finite-time singularities in finance, population and rupture," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 307(1), pages 63-106.
- Zhang, Qunzhi & Sornette, Didier & Balcilar, Mehmet & Gupta, Rangan & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin & Yetkiner, Hakan, 2016.
"LPPLS bubble indicators over two centuries of the S&P 500 index,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 458(C), pages 126-139.
- Qunzhi Zhang & Didier Sornette & Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Zeynel A. Ozdemir & Hakan Yetkiner, 2016. "LPPLS Bubble Indicators over Two Centuries of the S&P 500 Index," Working Papers 201606, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Matsushita, Raul & da Silva, Sergio & Figueiredo, Annibal & Gleria, Iram, 2006. "Log-periodic crashes revisited," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 364(C), pages 331-335.
- Lux, Thomas, 2008. "Applications of statistical physics in finance and economics," Kiel Working Papers 1425, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- M. Ausloos & K. Ivanova & N. Vandewalle, 2001. "Crashes : symptoms, diagnoses and remedies," Papers cond-mat/0104127, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2001.
- Thomas Lux, 2006. "Applications of Statistical Physics in Finance and Economics," Working Papers wpn06-07, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Fry, John, 2012. "Exogenous and endogenous crashes as phase transitions in complex financial systems," MPRA Paper 36202, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhi-Qiang Jiang & Wei-Xing Zhou & D. Sornette & Ryan Woodard & Ken Bastiaensen & Peter Cauwels, "undated". "Bubble Diagnosis and Prediction of the 2005-2007 and 2008-2009 Chinese stock market bubbles," Working Papers CCSS-09-008, ETH Zurich, Chair of Systems Design.
- Zhou, Wei-Xing & Sornette, Didier, 2006. "Fundamental factors versus herding in the 2000–2005 US stock market and prediction," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 360(2), pages 459-482.
- Wosnitza, Jan Henrik & Leker, Jens, 2014. "Can log-periodic power law structures arise from random fluctuations?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 401(C), pages 228-250.
- Fry, John & Cheah, Eng-Tuck, 2016. "Negative bubbles and shocks in cryptocurrency markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 343-352.
- Filimonov, V. & Sornette, D., 2013. "A stable and robust calibration scheme of the log-periodic power law model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(17), pages 3698-3707.
- Petr Geraskin & Dean Fantazzini, 2013.
"Everything you always wanted to know about log-periodic power laws for bubble modeling but were afraid to ask,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 366-391, May.
- Fantazzini, Dean & Geraskin, Petr, 2011. "Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Log Periodic Power Laws for Bubble Modelling but Were Afraid to Ask," MPRA Paper 47869, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maslov, Sergei & Roehner, Bertrand M, 2004. "The conundrum of stock versus bond prices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 335(1), pages 164-182.
- Sornette, Didier & Woodard, Ryan & Yan, Wanfeng & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2013. "Clarifications to questions and criticisms on the Johansen–Ledoit–Sornette financial bubble model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(19), pages 4417-4428.
- Wosnitza, Jan Henrik & Denz, Cornelia, 2013. "Liquidity crisis detection: An application of log-periodic power law structures to default prediction," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(17), pages 3666-3681.
- Sornette, Didier & Woodard, Ryan & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2009. "The 2006–2008 oil bubble: Evidence of speculation, and prediction," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(8), pages 1571-1576.
- Thomas Lux, 2009. "Applications of Statistical Physics in Finance and Economics," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Complexity, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Vogel, Harold L. & Werner, Richard A., 2015. "An analytical review of volatility metrics for bubbles and crashes," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 15-28.
- Anders Johansen & Didier Sornette, 2000. "The Nasdaq crash of April 2000: Yet another example of log-periodicity in a speculative bubble ending in a crash," Papers cond-mat/0004263, arXiv.org, revised May 2000.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:cond-mat/9901268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.