Bertrand colludes more than Cournot
On the basis of evidence of past oligopoly experiments, we argue that there is often significantly more tacit collusion in Bertrand price-choice than in Cournot quantity-choice markets.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://www.uantwerp.be/en/faculties/applied-economic-sciences/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Potters, J.J.M. & Suetens, S., 2009.
"Cooperation in experimental games of strategic complements and substitutes,"
Other publications TiSEM
694e692f-f551-421e-8cf0-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jan Potters & Sigrid Suetens, 2009. "Cooperation in Experimental Games of Strategic Complements and Substitutes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 76(3), pages 1125-1147.
- Potters, J.J.M. & Suetens, S., 2006. "Cooperation in Experimental Games of Strategic Complements and Substitutes," Discussion Paper 2006-48, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Huck, Steffen & Normann, Hans-Theo & Oechssler, Jorg, 2000.
"Does information about competitors' actions increase or decrease competition in experimental oligopoly markets?,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 39-57, January.
- Steffen Huck & Hans-Theo Normann & Joerg Oechssler, 1998. "Does information about competitors' actions increase or decrease competition in experimental oligopoly markets?," Industrial Organization 9803004, EconWPA.
- Potters, J.J.M. & Rockenbach, B. & Sadrieh, A. & van Damme, E.E.C., 2003.
"Collusion under Yardstick Competition : An Experimental Study,"
2003-97, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Potters, Jan & Rockenbach, Bettina & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim & van Damme, Eric, 2004. "Collusion under yardstick competition: an experimental study," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 1017-1038, September.
- Potters, J.J.M. & Rockenbach, B. & Sadrieh, A. & van Damme, E.E.C., 2004. "Collusion under yardstick competition : An experimental study," Other publications TiSEM 2f5fc044-063c-477d-bf98-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- van Damme, E.E.C. & Potters, J.J.M. & Rockenbach, B. & Sadrieh, A., 2003. "Collusion under Yardstick Competition : An Experimental Study," Discussion Paper 2003-009, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Altavilla, Carlo & Luini, Luigi & Sbriglia, Patrizia, 2006.
"Social learning in market games,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 632-652, December.
- Carlo Altavilla & Luigi Luini & Patrizia Sbriglia, 2005. "Social Learning in Market Games," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena 003, University of Siena.
- Hans Normann & Brian Wallace, 2004. "The Impact of the Termination Rule in Cooperation Experiments," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 04/11, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Jul 2004.
- Rotemberg, Julio J, 1994. "Human Relations in the Workplace," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 684-717, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ant:wpaper:2005037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.