A Misspecification Test for Finite-Mixture Logistic Models for Clustered Binary and Ordered Responses
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Francesco, Bartolucci & Silvia, Bacci & Claudia, Pigini, 2015. "A misspecification test for finite-mixture logistic models for clustered binary and ordered responses," MPRA Paper 64220, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gregori Baetschmann, 2011. "Identification and estimation of thresholds in the fixed effects ordered logit model," ECON - Working Papers 046, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Florian Heiss, 2008. "Sequential numerical integration in nonlinear state space models for microeconometric panel data," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 373-389.
- Partha Deb, 2001. "A discrete random effects probit model with application to the demand for preventive care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 371-383.
- Murray Aitkin, 1999. "A General Maximum Likelihood Analysis of Variance Components in Generalized Linear Models," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 117-128, March.
- repec:taf:emetrv:v:35:y:2016:i:7:p:1271-1289 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hamparsum Bozdogan, 1987. "Model selection and Akaike's Information Criterion (AIC): The general theory and its analytical extensions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 345-370, September.
- Gregori Baetschmann & Kevin E. Staub & Rainer Winkelmann, 2015.
"Consistent estimation of the fixed effects ordered logit model,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 178(3), pages 685-703, June.
- Baetschmann, Gregori & Staub, Kevin E. & Winkelmann, Rainer, 2011. "Consistent Estimation of the Fixed Effects Ordered Logit Model," IZA Discussion Papers 5443, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- F. Thomas Juster & Richard Suzman, 1995. " An Overview of the Health and Retirement Study," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30, pages s7-s56.
- Rasmus Waagepetersen, 2006. "A Simulation-based Goodness-of-fit Test for Random Effects in Generalized Linear Mixed Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(4), pages 721-731.
- Eric J. Tchetgen & Brent A. Coull, 2006. "A diagnostic test for the mixing distribution in a generalised linear mixed model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 93(4), pages 1003-1010, December.
- Stanley Sclove, 1987. "Application of model-selection criteria to some problems in multivariate analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 333-343, September.
- Laura Azzimonti & Francesca Ieva & Anna Maria Paganoni, 2013. "Nonlinear nonparametric mixed-effects models for unsupervised classification," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 1549-1570, August.
- Pudney, Stephen & Galassi, Francesco L & Mealli, Fabrizia, 1998. "An Econometric Model of Farm Tenures in Fifteenth-Century Florence," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(260), pages 535-556, November.
- Francesco Bartolucci, 2007. "A class of multidimensional IRT models for testing unidimensionality and clustering items," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 72(2), pages 141-157, June.
- Francesco Bartolucci & Silvia Bacci & Fulvia Pennoni, 2014. "Longitudinal analysis of self-reported health status by mixture latent auto-regressive models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 267-288, February.
- Kim, Byung-Do & Blattberg, Robert C & Rossi, Peter E, 1995. "Modeling the Distribution of Price Sensitivity and Implications for Optimal Retail Pricing," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(3), pages 291-303, July.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Chih-Chien Yang & Chih-Chiang Yang, 2007. "Separating Latent Classes by Information Criteria," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 24(2), pages 183-203, September.
- Zhiying Pan & D. Y. Lin, 2005. "Goodness-of-Fit Methods for Generalized Linear Mixed Models," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 1000-1009, December.
- Gary Chamberlain, 1980. "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 225-238.
- Guan-Hua Huang & Karen Bandeen-Roche, 2004. "Building an identifiable latent class model with covariate effects on underlying and measured variables," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 69(1), pages 5-32, March.
- Jain, Dipak C & Vilcassim, Naufel J & Chintagunta, Pradeep K, 1994. "A Random-Coefficients Logit Brand-Choice Model Applied to Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(3), pages 317-328, July.
- Francesco Bartolucci & Antonio Forcina, 2005. "Likelihood inference on the underlying structure of IRT models," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 31-43, March.
- Patrick J. Heagerty, 1999. "Marginally Specified Logistic-Normal Models for Longitudinal Binary Data," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 688-698, September.
- Bartolucci, Francesco & Belotti, Federico & Peracchi, Franco, 2015.
"Testing for time-invariant unobserved heterogeneity in generalized linear models for panel data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 184(1), pages 111-123.
- Francesco Bartolucci & Federico Belotti & Franco Peracchi, 2013. "Testing for Time-Invariant Unobserved Heterogeneity in Generalized Linear Models for Panel Data," EIEF Working Papers Series 1312, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised May 2013.
- Agresti, Alan & Caffo, Brian & Ohman-Strickland, Pamela, 2004. "Examples in which misspecification of a random effects distribution reduces efficiency, and possible remedies," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 639-653, October.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:stmapp:v:26:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10260-017-0376-0 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsGeneralized Linear Mixed Models; Hausman Test; Item Response Theory; Latent Class model; Longitudinal data; Multilevel data;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anc:wpaper:410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maurizio Mariotti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deancit.html .