An Evaluation of Price Linkages Between Futures and Cash Markets for Cheddar Cheese
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- T. Randall Fortenbery & Hector O. Zapata, 1997. "An evaluation of price linkages between futures and cash markets for cheddar cheese," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 279-301, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- P. Srinivasan & P. Ibrahim, 2012. "Price Discovery and Asymmetric Volatility Spillovers in Indian Spot-Futures Gold Markets," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 5(3), pages 65-80, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1244 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lin, Hua & Fortenbery, T. Randall, 2006. "Risk Premiums and the Storage of Agricultural Commodities," Staff Papers 10277, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Fortenbery, T. Randall & Zapata, Hector O., 2004. "Developed Speculation and Under Developed Markets - The Role of Futures Trading on Export Prices in Less Developed Countries," Staff Papers 12592, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Manfredo, Mark R. & Sanders, Dwight R., 2008. "Price discovery in a private cash forward market for lumber," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 73-89, January.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2008.
"The Effect of Monetary Policy on Real Commodity Prices,"
NBER Chapters,in: Asset Prices and Monetary Policy, pages 291-333
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2006. "The Effect of Monetary Policy on Real Commodity Prices," NBER Working Papers 12713, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- He, Dequan & Holt, Matthew T., 2004. "Efficiency Of Forest Commodity Futures Markets," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20344, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bozic, Marin, 2011. "Three essays in commodity futures and options price performance," Faculty and Alumni Theses and Dissertations 160678, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Lin, Hua & Fortenbery, T. Randall, 2006. "Risk Premiums and the Storage of Agricultural Commodities," Staff Paper Series 504, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Manfredo, Mark R. & Sanders, Dwight R., 2006. "Contribution to Price Discovery in the Forest Product Market: Futures, Forwards, and Spot Markets," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21250, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kao, Chung-Wei & Wan, Jer-Yuh, 2009. "Information transmission and market interactions across the Atlantic -- an empirical study on the natural gas market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 152-161, January.
- repec:gam:jijfss:v:6:y:2018:i:2:p:45-:d:142628 is not listed on IDEAS
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 2009. "Short-run deviations and time-varying hedge ratios: Evidence from agricultural futures markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 58-65, March.
- Antoniou, Antonios & Koutmos, Gregory & Pericli, Andreas, 2005. "Index futures and positive feedback trading: evidence from major stock exchanges," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 219-238, March.
- Haigh, Michael S., 1998. "Cointegration Analysis Of Unbiased Expectations In The Biffex Freight Futures Market," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20873, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Randall Fortenbery, 2004.
"Developed speculation and underdeveloped markets--the role of futures trading on export prices in less developed countries,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(4), pages 451-471, December.
- Fortenbery, T. Randall & Zapata, Hector O., 2004. "Developed Speculation and Under Developed Markets - The Role of Futures Trading on Export Prices in Less Developed Countries," Staff Paper Series 470, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Baffes, John & Ajwad, Mohamed I., 1998. "Detecting price links in the world cotton market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1944, The World Bank.
- Manolis Kavussanos & Nikos Nomikos, 2003. "Price Discovery, Causality and Forecasting in the Freight Futures Market," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 203-230, October.
- Jędrzej Białkowski & Jan Koeman, 2017. "Does the Design of Spot Markets Matter for the Success of Futures Markets? Evidence from Dairy Futures," Working Papers in Economics 17/18, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Hou, Yang & Li, Steven, 2014. "The impact of the CSI 300 stock index futures: Positive feedback trading and autocorrelation of stock returns," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 319-337.
- Sanders, Dwight R. & Manfredo, Mark R., 2005. "Price Discovery in Private Cash Forward Markets - The Case of Lumber," 2005 Conference, April 18-19, 2005, St. Louis, Missouri 19049, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Zhou, Haijiang & Roberts, Matthew C. & Zulauf, Carl R., 2004. "Are Interest Rates Necessary For Temporal Cointegration? Evidence From The London Metal Exchange (Lme)," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20095, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ling-Yun He & Wen-Si Xie, 2012. "Who has the final say?: Market power versus price discovery in China's sugar spot and futures markets," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 379-390, August.
- Bozic, Marin & Fortenbery, T., 2015. "Price Discovery, Volatility Spillovers and Adequacy of Speculation when Spot Prices are Stationary: The Case of U.S. Dairy Markets," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211369, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Loy, Jens-Peter, 2002. "Relative Forecasting and Hedging Efficiency of Agricultural Futures Markets in the European Union: Evidence for Slaughter Hog Contracts," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24849, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Demand and Price Analysis; Financial Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uwfswp:204126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauwius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.