Water Policies And Smallholding Irrigation Schemes In South Africa: A History And New Institutional Challenges
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Pretoria 0002|
Phone: (+27-12) 420-3251
Fax: (+27-12) 420-3247
Web page: http://www.up.ac.za/academic/ecoagric/
More information through EDIRC
- Luke Drake & Laura Lawson, 2015. "Results of a US and Canada community garden survey: shared challenges in garden management amid diverse geographical and organizational contexts," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(2), pages 241-254, June.
- Speelman, Stijn & D'Haese, Marijke & Buysse, Jeroen & D'Haese, Luc, 2008. "A measure for the efficiency of water use and its determinants, a case study of small-scale irrigation schemes in North-West Province, South Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 31-39, July.
- Speelman, Stijn & Buysse, Jeroen & Frija, Aymen & D'Haese, Marijke F.C. & D'Haese, Luc, 2008. "Estimating The Effect Of Water Charge Introduction At Small-Scale Irrigation Schemes In North West Province, South Africa," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6646, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Faysse, Nicolas, 2004. "Challenges for fruitful participation of smallholders in large-scale water resource management organisations: Selected case studies in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 43(1), March.
- Erez Braude & Shmuel Hauser & Zilla Sinuany-Stern & Gideon Oron, 2015. "Water Allocation Between the Agricultural and the Municipal Sectors Under Scarcity: A Financial Approach Analysis," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 29(10), pages 3481-3501, August.
- Easter, K. William & Zekri, Slim, 2003.
"Reform Of Irrigation Management And Investment Policy In African Development,"
14491, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Easter, K. William & Zekri, Slim, 2003. "Reform Of Irrigation Management And Investment Policy In African Development," Conference Papers 28067, University of the Free State, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Anonymous, 2005. "Irrigation and river basin management: options for governance and institutions," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 138050.
- Ben said, Hayet, 2011. "Gestion publique du périmètre irrigué : Accord informel, corruption et recherche de rente
[Public management of water in irrigated aera:informal agreement,corruption and rent-seeking]," MPRA Paper 34217, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Speelman, Stijn & Veettil, Prakashan Chellattan, 2013. "Heterogeneous preferences for water rights reforms among smallholder irrigators in South Africa," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 2, August.
- Speelman, Stijn & Veettil, Prakashan Chellatan, 2012. "Comparing the scope for irrigation water rights reforms in India and South Africa," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126731, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Speelman, Stijn & Buysse, Jeroen & Farolfi, Stefano & Frija, Aymen & D'Haese, Marijke & D'Haese, Luc, 2009. "Estimating the impacts of water pricing on smallholder irrigators in North West Province, South Africa," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(11), pages 1560-1566, November.
- Meinzen-Dick, R. & Nkonya, L., 2005. "Understanding legal pluralism in water rights: Lessons from Africa and Asia," IWMI Books, Reports H038746, International Water Management Institute.
- Meinzen-Dick, R. & Nkonya, L., 2007. "Understanding legal pluralism in water and land rights: lessons from Africa and Asia," IWMI Books, Reports H040685, International Water Management Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:upaewp:18041. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed