Modeling Recreation Site Choice: Do Hypothetical Choices Reflect Actual Behavior?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- M. K. Haener & P. C. Boxall & W. L. Adamowicz, 2001. "Modeling Recreation Site Choice: Do Hypothetical Choices Reflect Actual Behavior?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 629-642.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Mccollum & Kevin Boyle, 2005. "The Effect of Respondent Experience/Knowledge in the Elicitation of Contingent Values: An Investigation of Convergent Validity, Procedural Invariance and Reliability," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(1), pages 23-33, January.
- von Haefen, Roger H. & Phaneuf, Daniel J., 2008. "Identifying demand parameters in the presence of unobservables: A combined revealed and stated preference approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 19-32, July.
- Norwood, F. Bailey & Lusk, Jayson L. & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2004. "Model Selection for Discrete Dependent Variables: Better Statistics for Better Steaks," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(03), December.
- Lusk, Jayson L. & Norwood, F. Bailey & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2004. "Forecasting Limited Dependent Variables: Better Statistics For Better Steaks," 2004 Annual Meeting, February 14-18, 2004, Tulsa, Oklahoma 34612, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Dmitriy Volinskiy & Wiktor Adamowicz & Michele Veeman, 2011.
"Predicting versus testing: a conditional cross‐forecasting accuracy measure for hypothetical bias,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(3), pages 429-450, July.
- Volinskiy, Dmitriy & Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Veeman, Michele, 2011. "Predicting versus testing: a conditional cross-forecasting accuracy measure for hypothetical bias," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(3), September.
- John C. Whitehead & Subhrendu K. Pattanayak & George L. Van Houtven & Brett R. Gelso, 2008.
"Combining Revealed And Stated Preference Data To Estimate The Nonmarket Value Of Ecological Services: An Assessment Of The State Of The Science,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(5), pages 872-908, December.
- John C. Whitehead & Subhrendu K. Pattanayak & George L. Van Houtven & Brett R. Gelso, 2005. "Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Data to Estimate the Nonmarket Value of Ecological Services: An Assessment of the State of the Science," Working Papers 05-19, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University, revised 2007.
- Joan Mogas & Pere Riera, 2003. "Validación del experimento de elección en la transferencia de beneficios," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 165(2), pages 79-95, June.
- Birol, Ekin & Kontoleon, Andreas & Smale, Melinda, 2006. "Combining revealed and stated preference methods to assess the private value of agrobiodiversity in Hungarian home gardens:," EPTD discussion papers 156, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- John C. Whitehead, 2004. "Environmental Risk and Averting Behavior: Predictive Validity of Revealed and Stated Preference Data," Working Papers 04-13, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Eom, Young-Sook & Larson, Douglas M., 2006. "Improving environmental valuation estimates through consistent use of revealed and stated preference information," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 501-516, July.
- Kragt, Marit Ellen & Roebeling, Peter C. & Ruijs, Arjan, 2009.
"Effects of Great Barrier Reef degradation on recreational reef-trip demand: a contingent behaviour approach,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(2), June.
- Marit E. Kragt & Peter C. Roebeling & Arjan Ruijs, 2009. "Effects of Great Barrier Reef degradation on recreational reef-trip demand: a contingent behaviour approach ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(2), pages 213-229, April.
- Oviedo, José L. & Caparrós, Alejandro & Ruiz-Gauna, Itziar & Campos, Pablo, 2016.
"Testing convergent validity in choice experiments: Application to public recreation in Spanish stone pine and cork oak forests,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 130-148.
- Jose L. Oviedo & Alejandro Caparrós & Itziar Ruiz-Gauna & Pablo Campos, 2015. "Testing convergent validity in choice experiments: application to public recreation in Spanish Stone pine and Cork oak forests," Working Papers 1504, Instituto de Políticas y Bienes Públicos (IPP), CSIC.
- Gallardo, Rosa Karina, 2011. "Choice Experimentsâ€™ Findings: A Tool for Fruit Agribusiness Managersâ€™ Decision Making," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 14(3).
- Wuyang Hu, 2008. "Modeling discrete choices with augmented perception hurdles," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(2), pages 257-267, September.
- Barton, David N., 2002. "The transferability of benefit transfer: contingent valuation of water quality improvements in Costa Rica," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 147-164, August.
- Phumsith Mahasuweerachai, 2013. "Do Parents Benefit from School Health Risk Reduction?," Applied Economics Journal, Kasetsart University, Faculty of Economics, Center for Applied Economic Research, vol. 20(2), pages 75-95, December.
- Schmitz, Kim & Schmitz, P. Michael & Wronka, Tobias C., 2003. "Bewertung von Landschaftsfunktionen mit Choice Experiments," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 52(8).
- M. K. Haener & P. C. Boxall & W. L. Adamowicz & D. H. Kuhnke, 2004. "Aggregation Bias in Recreation Site Choice Models: Resolving the Resolution Problem," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(4).
- Landry, Craig E. & Liu, Haiyong, 2009. "A semi-parametric estimator for revealed and stated preference data--An application to recreational beach visitation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 205-218, March.
- Bennett, Michael & Provencher, Bill & Bishop, Richard, 2004. "Experience, Expectations and Hindsight: Evidence of a Cognitive Wedge in Stated Preference Retrospectives," Staff Paper Series 468, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:68:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0060-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pascal Haegeli & Wolfgang Haider & Margo Longland & Ben Beardmore, 2010. "Amateur decision-making in avalanche terrain with and without a decision aid: a stated choice survey," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 52(1), pages 185-209, January.
- Cheng, Li & Lupi, Frank, 2016. "Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Methods for Valuing Water Quality Changes to Great Lakes Beaches," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235746, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Yan, Jiong & Barkmann, Jan & Marggraf, Rainer, 2007. "Chinese tourist preferences for nature based destinations: a choice experiment analysis," DARE Discussion Papers 0706, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
More about this item
KeywordsResource /Energy Economics and Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ualbsp:24124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/drualca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.